Motor/ESC Problems-Clicking noises

Crash and Burn RC

Geeterduuun
Hi! I am having trouble with my motors. Any help is much appreciated. Here is my setup:
THuG Pig frame
Naze 32 rev6
Emax Blheli escs
Emax 2204 2350kv motors
THuG PBD
D4R-ii
-running betaflight 2.8.1-
1300mAh 3s nanotech
Here is the problem:
Upon throttling up after arming, the motors on the quad make a weird clicking noise. (Turn up the volume) You can see a video here:

jipp

sounds like some lube is needed.. metal on metal.
i have one of thugs frame, the elite. its a flying tank of a frame.. iv yet to build.. so it hangs on the wall. good to see he has another frame besides the 180mm which was one of the first 180mm frames i saw on the market before that became popular almost bought it over the elite. but i liked the flying tank part. :D

chris.

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
That should be no problem. Looks like your min_throttle is barely enough to get the motors spinning so they make that noise. Try increasing min_throttle to a point where the motors spin nicely. You can find that point using the motor sliders in cleanflight. Either that or you have damped light enabled which sometimes concerns people with the noise difference. I don't know if your ESCs support damped light though and it is unlikely you turned it on unknowingly even if they did have it.

Crash and Burn RC

Geeterduuun
That should be no problem. Looks like your min_throttle is barely enough to get the motors spinning so they make that noise. Try increasing min_throttle to a point where the motors spin nicely. You can find that point using the motor sliders in cleanflight. Either that or you have damped light enabled which sometimes concerns people with the noise difference. I don't know if your ESCs support damped light though and it is unlikely you turned it on unknowingly even if they did have it.

I actually have tried reaising the min_throttle up to even 1500 and it did not fix the problem, which is really weird. I dont think that my ESCs are dampend light enabled, but just in case, how do I find out. They are from Flitetest powerpack E.

Crash and Burn RC

Geeterduuun

I actually have tried reaising the min_throttle up to even 1500 and it did not fix the problem, which is really weird. I dont think that my ESCs are dampend light enabled, but just in case, how do I find out. They are from Flitetest powerpack E.

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
interesting, do they stay the same speed even at 1500 as min_throttle? Make sure your ESCs are calibrated. Also try cleanflight instead of betaflight or make sure the blheli on those ESCs is the most recent release. I've had betaflight not cooperate with ESCs with old blheli on them before.

Habakkukk

Fly Eagles, Fly!
I had a batch of ztw spider esc's that did this. It was fixed by flashing the esc's with blheli 14.6 and setting the min and max throttle to 1000-2000 in the flasher. It's super easy with the latest cleanflight or blheli. Go here, it's a pretty good walk through, albeit a bit dated.