A Very Tweaker Christmas

Flat4

A little while back I posted a thread with a few videos of my current Shendrones Tweaker build. The few of you that read it may remember me mentioning I do all the building, tuning, and repairing for one of my close friends. In return for my services, whenever he wants me to build him a new quad, he has to supply parts for me to build one for myself. It's a win-win, though I feel I make out a bit better, because I do actually enjoy building them.

So the day after Christmas, my friend stopped by with a box of goodies which contained:

2x Shendrones Tweaker FPV Addiction Frames

10x RCX2205 2633kv Motors
10x 20amp LittleBee ESC's
2x Naze 32 Rev. 6
2x FrSky X4R-sb
2x Matek PDB with 5v/12v BEC's

I supplied all the random hardware and wiring, as well as the fpv gear since I had a couple extra HS1177 cams, and 200mw Aomway Tx's.

Now in usual Flat4 fashion, I completely neglected to take any pics while building, so here's a few shots of the almost finished product below. All I have left to do is figure out how I want to mount the fpv TX. On the previous tweaker builds, I just strapped them up to the top plate. However, because of the component placement on these builds, strapping it to the top plate will interfere with my battery strap. I am most likely going to just slap them on top of the FC stack, my only concern is to keep the dip switches accessible, the tx will need to go heatsink down, and depending on how I mount it, it will probably block airflow. I greatly welcome any suggestions.

Front.jpg

Side.jpg

Back.jpg

I'm hoping to get a chance to maiden it tomorrow before work, the weather has just been lousy here all week.

Oh yea, and a quick PSA. Be very careful when test hovering an overpowered build in the house with airmode enabled.

Had a bit of an incident last night. I was doing my standard hover test on a new build just to get a baseline tune to start with, plugged in a 4s 1300mah pack, hit the arm switch, and this is when I should have just stopped. It was already dancing around a bit just from arming it, but I went ahead and gave it a bit of juice until it popped up in the air. It was now hovering at around 20% throttle. Gave it a few a blips of throttle then let it fall, and it was barely descending, almost reminded me of the speed phantoms and such descend at. Again should have just left it at that, but I had to keep pushing it. I gave it a blip to around 50% throttle and instantly dropped it, unfortunately the momentum carried it to the ceiling. Now at this point I have the throttle completely dumped, so airmode is doing it's thing. The antenna hit the ceiling first causing the front to pitch up, airmode did not like the outside influenced attitude change, so it sped up the rears to compensate. Now my new Tweaker is stuck in a strange mating ritual with the ceiling, attempting to correct it's attitude on every bounce. Luckily instincts kicked in and I just killed the arm switch, all that crashing finally paid off, and I was able to catch it on it's fall down. Definitely got the heart rate going for a bit there, but all is well, and despite the Tweakers best effort to add a sunroof, no ceilings were harmed. So take it from me, if it's absolutely necessary to test fly an overpowered quad indoors(which is pretty much never), do so with airmode disabled.

C0d3M0nk3y

Posted a thousand or more times
the tx will need to go heatsink down, and depending on how I mount it, it will probably block airflow. I greatly welcome any suggestions.

I think mounting it heat sink down will be fine. There's still going to be quite a bit of air moving around.

Flat4

I think mounting it heat sink down will be fine. There's still going to be quite a bit of air moving around.

Yea I think that's the route I'm going to go. I was thinking more for when summer rolls around, but who am I kidding this thing won't still be in one piece by then.

cranialrectosis said:
Dang, that ceiling humping quad would have made AWESOME video.

It was both hilarious and terrifying simultaneously. Worst part is every part of me was like you need to grab it before it chunks through the drywall or smashes my TV, luckily sanity prevailed and I disarmed it first. I never get any of the good stuff on video :(

Flat4

Never got a chance to maiden it this morning. A good friend of mine introduced me to Rocket League last night, not much sleep was had.