Motor Suggestions for Swappables?

TeckRC

Im wondering what different motors you guys are running in your swappables? Right now im using
NTM Prop Drive Series 28-26A 1200kv / 286w, and in my FT 3d its flying okay but it seems very
underpowered. maybe its to low of a watt motor? I would like a motor with much more power, but
keeping with the 3s batteries and 30 amp ecs cuz i have a bunch of those, can I get some suggestions
on some budget motors that will give me some more power?

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
What size prop are you running? Try a 4S on that motor and the appropriate sized prop, and it will blow your mind! Make sure you don't over-prop.

TeckRC

I used a 9x6 and then tried a 9x4.5 which seemed to be a little better i will have to order a 4s and try it, i only have some 3s batteries right now, which size props would you recommend with that motor?

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
I used a 9x6 and then tried a 9x4.5 which seemed to be a little better i will have to order a 4s and try it, i only have some 3s batteries right now, which size props would you recommend with that motor?

If you don't have one already, I recommend picking up a watt meter. It will help you determine the best prop/motor combination. I didn't like the power I got when powering that motor with a 3S, but it really woke up with a 4S. I used my watt meter to make sure I didn't exceed the current ratting of the motor.

Here are the prop test results from the HK website. Notice the power increase when running the motor/prop on a 4S (14.8v).

Prop Tests:
7x6E - 11.1v - 90W - 8A
7x6E - 14.8v - 192W - 13A
8x4E - 11.1v - 100W - 9A
8x4E - 14.8v - 222W - 15A
8x6E - 11.1v - 145w - 13A

TeckRC

I just borrowed a buddies 4s battery and a watt meter and the difference was night and day, i will definitely be getting some 4s batteries, i have a 9x6 prop on right now though, and if im reading correctly the max amps on that motor is 17, when i had the meter hooked up, i was creeping up fast to that 17 at only about have throttle, so i need to get some different props to.