motors spin regardless of air mode

AdamV

My motors spin with zero throttle regardless of air mode, and i can't figure it out.

Using beta flight 1.5.4
I have set my transmitter (DX6) so zero throttle is 1000, mid is 1500 and max is 2000.
Motor_stop is off
Min throttle is 1035 (so all motors are spinning for air mode)
min command is 1010
When i enable air mode via a switch, the props actually spin LESS than with no air mode at 0 throttle

I'm using BL heli little bee esc's and haven't touched their settings (i tried but couldn't get the dang thing to work)

I am completely baffled as to what is wrong... i'm pretty sure it's something simple. heellppp!

Last edited:

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
You have your min throttle so that the motors spin and motor stop is off. So when you arm the flight controller sees the min throttle value and your motors spin. With airmode on and motor_stop off you will always have the props spinning.

AdamV

right, but, with air mode off, my motors still spin when armed. They seem to spin less with air mode enable and zero throttle then with air mode off and min throttle. but they still spin with zero throttle and air mode off.

I *thought* that min throttle had to be set to where all the motors were fully spinning minimal, and that was the value that air mode used.

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
You are right about min throttle. If you want the motors not to spin when armed and with air mode off, just turn motor stop on. It's sole purpose is to not have the props spin when armed.

AdamV

well.... i can't believe it was that simple... for some reason i thought motor stop had to be off for air mode to work....

Thanks Snarls - i owe you one!