• 20220906_090058 (1).jpg
    20220906_090058 (1).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220910_100339.jpg
    20220910_100339.jpg
    759 KB · Views: 0

CrshNBrn

Elite member
All done. Callie graphics just arrived today- I did think about not using the swastikas on the tail (and understand why folks choose not to use them) but went with the historical accuracy argument instead. I used a spare carbon fiber rod tube for the nose and tail guns.

I'm guessing at the CG on this one- using the method Jake recommended earlier, I came up with 77cm, which seems pretty far back. I always thought CG was around the front wing spar, which I'm close with using 1.5 oz in the nose and a 3000 4s battery slid a bit further forward than in my old one. We'll see how close it is on the maiden, which will hopefully happen petty soon.

Thanks, Whit. Lots of pieces to keep a person busy on this one.

Attachments

• 20221015_184355.jpg
    20221015_184355.jpg
    579.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221015_185506.jpg
    20221015_185506.jpg
    922.8 KB · Views: 0

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
All done. Callie graphics just arrived today- I did think about not using the swastikas on the tail (and understand why folks choose not to use them) but went with the historical accuracy argument instead. I used a spare carbon fiber rod tube for the nose and tail guns.

I'm guessing at the CG on this one- using the method Jake recommended earlier, I came up with 77cm, which seems pretty far back. I always thought CG was around the front wing spar, which I'm close with using 1.5 oz in the nose and a 3000 4s battery slid a bit further forward than in my old one. We'll see how close it is on the maiden, which will hopefully happen petty soon.

Thanks, Whit. Lots of pieces to keep a person busy on this one.

Killed it! The guns look great. I'll be coming out with a Bf-109 upgrade package soon too, so stay tuned for that!

Kartman24

General construction question, do you remove the paper covering off the inside of the top AND bottom sheets when you build the wing, just thinking of weight saving vs strength.......

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Just got home to verify some Me-110 stats. I was wrong earlier about the wingspan.

57.5" wingspan
1095g empty
1395 w/4S 3000 battery
~1.5" CG (my best guess, roughly under the front spar)

This one seems a little more nimble with better roll rate than my previous one. Extra weight with all the lights & paint, but some lighter Gorilla Glue use on the internals to hopefully compensate. I'd be curious to know what your all up-weight is; are you thinking of building one?

As for paper removal on the wing, I usually remove the paper from only the top sheet, mainly to help with the molding process. That's how a lot of us (who learned watching those great Overstreet Youtube Master Series build videos over and over) to build foamboard wings. I'd think the bottom sheet should remain as rigid as possible, so its worth the extra weight there. However, I could be wrong. Maybe the wings are just fine with both sheets removed....maybe someone else has experience here?

Kartman24

Many thanks for your help again, i have downloaded the plans but i am working on something else at the moment, 58" span multi engine so was looking for a comparison. It is a bit under the radar at the moment and as far as i`m aware it will be the first r/c flier of this aircraft. It will be hand launch again but i think it may well be well over your 110 weight wise due to the nature of the full size so i`m trying to keep the weight down for any chance of success. Fuselage is built bar the skinning and i have started on the wings this evening, once i have got the wings built with motors hung on it i will start a thread and post some pictures. What is your real name, can`t keep saying thank you CrshNBrn!......Martin

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Many thanks for your help again, i have downloaded the plans but i am working on something else at the moment, 58" span multi engine so was looking for a comparison. It is a bit under the radar at the moment and as far as i`m aware it will be the first r/c flier of this aircraft. It will be hand launch again but i think it may well be well over your 110 weight wise due to the nature of the full size so i`m trying to keep the weight down for any chance of success. Fuselage is built bar the skinning and i have started on the wings this evening, once i have got the wings built with motors hung on it i will start a thread and post some pictures. What is your real name, can`t keep saying thank you CrshNBrn!......Martin

Interesting! Me (and a lot of other folks) are looking forward to seeing what you're working on.

Marcus

Kartman24

Although only 58" span it is a chunk of a plane, the wing will have to be made removable to get it into my car Marcus, if it does end up flying ok i will build a 100" one with retracts and flaps.

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Although only 58" span it is a chunk of a plane, the wing will have to be made removable to get it into my car Marcus, if it does end up flying ok i will build a 100" one with retracts and flaps.

100"? Now THAT would be impressive.

Whit Armstrong

Elite member

If you do that, you have to include all the bells and whistles! I want to see bomb drops, airsoft cannon retracts, etc.! Best of luck.

Kartman24

I was not thinking of the 110 Whit, i am building something a bit different now and i will do a build thread onece i am a bit further down the line with it. Scale butnot a Warbird so no bombs etc on this one. Wings are being joined tomorrow and then i have to work out the mountings to making them removable. May post pictures and start a thread this weekend. 😜

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
I was not thinking of the 110 Whit, i am building something a bit different now and i will do a build thread onece i am a bit further down the line with it. Scale butnot a Warbird so no bombs etc on this one. Wings are being joined tomorrow and then i have to work out the mountings to making them removable. May post pictures and start a thread this weekend. 😜

Well I can't wait to see it anyhow, I'm excited.