MultiRoter Question on receivers and transmitters

pair_of_sox

Hi, I have a Spektrum DX4e controller and to start out I know very little about multi-roters. I'm building the bat-bone tricopter from the flite test store. I have all my ESC's and moters and a servo mounted and I'm beginning to piece it all together. I'm looking to use the kk2.1 Hobby King board and I was wondering if my controller will function with my tricopter. If it does work, is there a receiver someone could point me towards, and if it doesn't what controller and receiver would I need to invest in?

Much appreciation to whoever can help me out!

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Since the KK2 will be flying the copter, all you need is a Rx that will bind with your Tx. Since you have the DX4e, I don't think you'll be able to switch between self-level and regular mode with an auxiliary switch, but the KK2 has an optional way to do that with the sticks, I think.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Yes he can. Like when we arm it to fly he has to do the same with auto level. I forgot what it is since I use my aux switch

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Right, you can set AL with the sticks. I was just saying he doesn't have the 5th channel to put that on a switch.

Justin

No one has replied about the receiver so I guess I will. I would recommend getting a spektrum 6100 or 6200 because your tricopter is a big investment for you. I am personally purchasing a Knuckle H Quad with a 6200 because I do not want to loose my $400. Tricopters are a bit cheaper but still a big investment. There is only a $20 dollar price difference between the two and the 6200 gives "double the reception" with its satellite. I hope you enjoy your new tricopter!