My first quad copter build

shawnregan

ElectroHub with the MultiWii FC Flip 1.5 running the 2.3 arduino firmware (spider configuration).

Electronics kit from Ready To Fly Quads

IMG_20150118_134943.jpg

Alex and Josh's ElectroHub build video inspired me to get in the hobby. I used their video and the following helped a lot with the Flip 1.5 and my radio. A must read for the MWC http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/videos.html

My maiden flight with the spider quad was today and it went very well. A lot of hovering etc. But it is a blast so far!

I have been learning to fly quads with this one.

IMG_20141226_164942.jpg

Last edited:

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Very nice build. I like the chipped rotor up front....gives it character. :)

That Ominus is beautiful too.

F-Pilot99

Motors and ESCs

Hi, I am in the process of purchasing supplies for a quad (my first one) and I have picked out a frame, transmitter, receiver, and control board. The only thing I am unsure about is which motors, props, and ESCs to get. I would like to keep this project under $200 and the current bill is approximately $130. Does anyone know of some good quality but inexpensive motors and ESCs? Thanks for the help.

Quad

Hi, I am in the process of purchasing supplies for a quad (my first one) and I have picked out a frame, transmitter, receiver, and control board. The only thing I am unsure about is which motors, props, and ESCs to get. I would like to keep this project under $200 and the current bill is approximately $130. Does anyone know of some good quality but inexpensive motors and ESCs? Thanks for the help.

Which frame did you choose?

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
I like the red arms. It's easier to hide blood stains when you didn't follow the "remove props before working on it" rule. ;-)