My FT Tiny Trainer Scratch Build (was: Old Plans...New Plans....????)

bigdano711

I spent all day yesterday making templates of the FT Tiny Trainer.....FROM OLD PLANS!!!!

Admittedly, my first clue was when I noticed they had no legend and none of the new fancy stuff that SPONZ has added. And it was only one file. Unfortunately, I didn't realize it until I put the 2 wing halves together and they don't even come close to lining up. The size is spot on, but the lines aren't even close. And I was METICULOUS!!!

Maybe the article that has the old plans attached can be updated with the new plans? This is my first attempt at building from plans and I am pretty cheesed off.

Last edited by a moderator:
I spent all day yesterday making templates of the FT Tiny Trainer.....FROM OLD F'ING PLANS!!!!

Admittedly, my first clue was when I noticed they had no legend and none of the new fancy stuff that SPONZ has added. And it was only one file. Unfortunately, I didn't realize it until I put the 2 wing halves together and they don't even come close to lining up. The size is spot on, but the lines aren't even close. And I was METICULOUS!!!

Maybe the article that has the old plans attached can be updated with the new plans? This is my first attempt at building from plans and I am pretty F'ing cheesed off.
Thanks for bringing it up. Sounds like old posts & articles should be updated. That would be the responsible thing to do. Just add a line at the bottom linking to the most recent version.

I spent all day yesterday making templates of the FT Tiny Trainer.....FROM OLD F'ING PLANS!!!!

Maybe the article that has the old plans attached can be updated with the new plans? This is my first attempt at building from plans and I am pretty F'ing cheesed off.
To quiet the peanut gallery you could edit the thread title.

bigdano711

Now I have the new plans, and they are sweet....but the bottom is getting cut off and I followed the article on how to print. Now I'm learning Adobe Acrobat Pro that I signed up for....$14.99 a month. When is FliteTest gonna start their subscription service?

No, no, no, silly man. You can't just edit the margin from 1" to .5", NOOOOO!!!!! You have to do some stupid crop action.....CAPITAL F!!!!

Is this part of the fun of scratch building? I'm about to hang it up...
Dude you gotta cool your jets. And if it's cutting off part of the image, when you get that figured out verify as you print the sheets that they're scaled correctly to 100%.
I don't like that you bought a subscription to be able to print something. :(
And yes, this is the FUN part of scratchbuilding. :LOL:
Relax, Tweek, have a cup of coffee.
Tweek_Tweak.png

Droneflyer200

Now I have the new plans, and they are sweet....but the bottom is getting cut off and I followed the article on how to print. Now I'm learning Adobe Acrobat Pro that I signed up for....$14.99 a month. When is FliteTest gonna start their subscription service?

No, no, no, silly man. You can't just edit the margin from 1" to .5", NOOOOO!!!!! You have to do some stupid crop action.....CAPITAL F!!!!
You dont need adobe to print the plans tiles out. You can do it straight from your web browser. It can take some trial and error the problem may be your printer. If you didn't notice the Tiny Trainer has Two wings the 3 channel trainer and the 4 channel sport wing I have found the best way to get wings to match is to make one template and flip it over mirror image.

Ligbaer

50 Percenter

you only need acrobat dc not pro.

bigdano711

My fix was to edit the page in question, select all, then arrow up 30 times. Cuts off the nifty scale and other crap on top, but I got my whole piece on one page. REALLY sucks that I had to get Acrobat to do it....