My Mini Quad

Manfet

Did you setup the same firmware like last time? Many people get confused between kapteinkuk firmware and the ones from the other persons. They have different setup routines and sometimes even different motor positions.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
HK Multicopter V2 as Hawk Sky Stabilization

Yes just like last time. I have re-purposed the V2 board for my Hawk Sky for stabilization in windy conditions like in this thread
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1568554 . I will be selling the 5 gram hextronik motors that were for the quad with included prop protector adapters and also prop bullet adapters. I am going to start building up for my ArduPilot V2 so it will require a bigger platform.

Thurmond

Last edited:

Tritium

I will see what I can do but I mostly just followed the first post of the thread at rcgroups. Just flashed the HK V2 with the firmware found at the bottom of the first post (this one: OpenAero_1_11_A_PWM_STD.hex for standard PWM receivers (Aeroplane)) and hooked it up according to the picture in the post Titled: Connection diagram - STD Aeroplane.

I am using a Turnigy TGY 9X Transmitter and had to reverse the ailerons and Elevator channels in the radio as well as use the reverse channels on the board for Rudder (2) and Aileron's (4) to get proper motion when the plane is moved around.

In other words

if the tail rises the elevator should rise to counteract it.
if the tail swings in a direction then the rudder should also move in that direction to counteract it.
if a wing rises then the aileron on the same wing should rise to counteract it.

I have not modified my board so I can use the GUI.

Thurmond

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I will see what I can do but I mostly just followed the first post of the thread at rcgroups. Just flashed the HK V2 with the firmware found at the bottom of the first post (this one: OpenAero_1_11_A_PWM_STD.hex for standard PWM receivers (Aeroplane)) and hooked it up according to the picture in the post Titled: Connection diagram - STD Aeroplane.

OK, Thanks. Have you used the channel swapping technique to place the board vertically in the plane? Or is there enough space to do it with the board mounted flat?

What I am referring to with Channel swapping technique is to swap rudder and elevator and rotate the board 90º on the longitudinal axis (nose-tail axis). This is done to mount the board vertical when the space is tight.

Tritium

I haven't decided on a permanent position yet (though I am favoring the bottom of the canopy, mounted upside down. Just takes a little careful carving of the foam for a very secure mount) and haven't even thought or heard of the Channel swapping trick although it sounds like a very good idea. I just started playing with this a couple of days ago.

Thurmond

Last edited: