My Quad-copter :o)

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman
Hey everyone, thanks a bunch!!

All the shots that were shown in this reel are 100% LOS

I have used FPV for aiming the camera a couple times but none of those shots are in this video.

I am still WAY more comfortable flying LOS when filming for anything of importance. FPV is something I can do and have done, but admittedly I am not comfortable FPV'ing in a "real" filming situation where people and/or property could get damaged.

Thanks for all the feedback, I put this together for a potential client, so hopefully he likes what he sees. :)

Glad ya'll enjoyed it,

Cheers!

Eric

Hi Eric,
I was hoping if you could help me out here. I reflashed my quad with xcopter 4.7 ultimate firmware but the thing is i dont understand how to do PID tuning. I set my Yaw, Pitch, Roll to 50% 0% 50% like KK suggested, trimmed a little bit but my quad keep turning in circle like rudder was applied.
Could you please give me some tips on how to tune this?
Thanks

EDIT:
I reversed yaw gyro and its all good now thanks!!

Last edited:

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman
Hi Eric,
I was hoping if you could help me out here. I reflashed my quad with xcopter 4.7 ultimate firmware but the thing is i dont understand how to do PID tuning. I set my Yaw, Pitch, Roll to 50% 0% 50% like KK suggested, trimmed a little bit but my quad keep turning in circle like rudder was applied.
Could you please give me some tips on how to tune this?
Thanks

EDIT:
I reversed yaw gyro and its all good now thanks!!

Hey man!

Just got home from flying, I was gonna tell you that it sounds like the yaw gyro was reversed, but looks like you got it figured out. ;) (sorry i didn't get to ya sooner)

The only other thing I was gonna ask you, was if you had done "stick centering" which could cause it to spin as well, if your rudder wasn't centered, and you run outta trim one direction before getting it to stop spinning.

Glad ya got it working! post some vids!

Cheers!

Eric

No I havent done any stick centering. I reversed the yaw gyro and it could hover a little bit now. I, however, am still confused about the PID tuning method with v4.7. If you could please give me a few tips for future tuning that'd be great. Thanks

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman
No I havent done any stick centering. I reversed the yaw gyro and it could hover a little bit now. I, however, am still confused about the PID tuning method with v4.7. If you could please give me a few tips for future tuning that'd be great. Thanks

Stick centering will def help ya.

As far as PID tuning, I have never messed with that either. (or maybe i have, and didnt know it....LOL) I also have no experience with v 4.7 firmware because I fly the FlyCam KK boards. I have never used the one from HK....And I am pretty sure that the programming/setup is altogether different.

If anyone could comment on PID tuning....how-to's and what-for's that would be great. ;)

Cheers!

Eric

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman
Here is a short compilation of shots that I collected from the Angry Bird quad carrying a Canon 5D MK2 with a 21mm Zeiss lens. Shot at full HD. (1920x1080 30fps)

Enjoy! I will be filming more with the 5D soon.

Cheers!

Eric

Your shot was amazing! Please upload the second part... cant wait.
Regarding v4.7, if im not using that version what do you recommend i use? minsookim v2.0? i want to fly in xmode.
And also, how do i do a stick centering?

Last edited: