My Quad-copter :o)

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman
OMG I might have to postpone my plane builds now... Your boom for the camera is awesome...
Ya, boom envy, I said it!

HA! again, many thanks. I have literally spent the last 10 months of my life designing, and re-designing......and then re-re-designing the camera mount. This is version 73.....and seems to be my final, as I am very happy with it. I am super excited to share this with everyone, because I am uber passionate about aerial filming and want everyone to be able to enjoy vibration free vids.

I am going to do a video as soon as I can explaining in detail some of the things that are too hard to see in the pics. Also will be posting some flying vids of it maybe even later today. :)

Stay tuned! :)

"boom envy" HAHAHAHAHAHA! :)

Eric

voipmonkey

Eric
Sweet ride buddy. I need led lights looks great and the boom nice. So glad there are open minded people like you on here.
Can't wait for more videos and pics. If I ever get out of airports I might get my build started.
Keep up the good work.
Mark :applause:

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman
Eric
Sweet ride buddy. I need led lights looks great and the boom nice. So glad there are open minded people like you on here.
Can't wait for more videos and pics. If I ever get out of airports I might get my build started.
Keep up the good work.
Mark :applause:

Hey Mark,

Thanks a bunch man! I am actually uploading a video to youtube now of the very first flight with the camera boom attached. I was a little hesitant at first to show this video cuz it was really windy/gusty outside and just gray and nasty looking......plus my wife was not home to film for me.....but I made do with a gopro-1 helmet mounted to my forehead, and the gopro-2 onboard the copter. The wind was tossing me but....its all ive got to show for now. :) should be up in a few hours.

Talk to ya soon!

Eric

voipmonkey

Hey Mark,

Thanks a bunch man! I am actually uploading a video to youtube now of the very first flight with the camera boom attached. I was a little hesitant at first to show this video cuz it was really windy/gusty outside and just gray and nasty looking......plus my wife was not home to film for me.....but I made do with a gopro-1 helmet mounted to my forehead, and the gopro-2 onboard the copter. The wind was tossing me but....its all ive got to show for now. :) should be up in a few hours.

Talk to ya soon!

Eric

Cool, will catch when I get home

Just seen this in a mag. You got to check it out.

Www.e-Volvo.com

Mark

voipmonkey

Eric
What did you think to the cad drawing I uploaded ?
Does it match what you have or bigger?
Would like to try modelling that cool boom you have , if you like of course
Mark

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman
Eric
What did you think to the cad drawing I uploaded ?
Does it match what you have or bigger?
Would like to try modelling that cool boom you have , if you like of course
Mark

Hey Mark,

The drawings look great! I have not had a chance to print one out yet though, to check the size as compared to mine. I will do that and let ya know. :) I am also gonna provide patterns for the entire copter with measurments etc. this will include the cam-boom and center sections. Then you guys can all build them to the same specs....if you choose. :)

Cheers!

Eric

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman
Hey All!

This is the first flight with the new metal arms, new metal camera boom, etc. My wife wasn't home to film the ground-to-air shots with my shotgun-camera, so I had to make do with a GoPro Hero-1 on my helmet mount. (GoPro-2 on the copter) The camera boom was attached temporarily to the bottom of the copter with 2-sided tape just for this flight. The final version has dampeners between the boom and the bottom of the frame. It was REALLY windy/gusty outside and it was really tossing me around quite a bit.....so my apologies for not showing very smooth footage. But even with the boom only taped to the bottom it looks to have gotten rid of the high frequency vibrations. Also my roll gain was just a touch to high, so that didnt help with keeping things smooth. Ok, so that's the first flight......doing some tweaking as far as dr/expos to get it flying just the way that I want. Will be posting a video soon where I will explain the how's/why's of the design/build. :)

Cheers!

Eric

PaulT

Mentor
Your flying is only exceeded by your building skills!!!
And you have a gutter rail that is missing a nail.
:cool:

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
+1!

Your flying is perfect! I still have problems with making full turns or even hovering with the Tricopter facing me.

voipmonkey

Hey All!

This is the first flight with the new metal arms, new metal camera boom, etc. My wife wasn't home to film the ground-to-air shots with my shotgun-camera, so I had to make do with a GoPro Hero-1 on my helmet mount. (GoPro-2 on the copter) The camera boom was attached temporarily to the bottom of the copter with 2-sided tape just for this flight. The final version has dampeners between the boom and the bottom of the frame. It was REALLY windy/gusty outside and it was really tossing me around quite a bit.....so my apologies for not showing very smooth footage. But even with the boom only taped to the bottom it looks to have gotten rid of the high frequency vibrations. Also my roll gain was just a touch to high, so that didnt help with keeping things smooth. Ok, so that's the first flight......doing some tweaking as far as dr/expos to get it flying just the way that I want. Will be posting a video soon where I will explain the how's/why's of the design/build. :)

Cheers!

Eric

Nice flying Eric. Can't wait to see the build info.
Video was a* wicked
" please sir can we have some more " :black_eyed:
Mark

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
Eric,

Very nice. This is why the quads are getting so popular! The flight you posted looked so stable, and the video was amazing. I see now what you were talking about on the camera mount.

Looks great and cannot wait to get the time and funds to start one of these.

Thanks for sharing and cannot wait for the spec thread so I can start getting things bought a little at a time.

Good stuff,

Mike

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman
Eric,

Very nice. This is why the quads are getting so popular! The flight you posted looked so stable, and the video was amazing. I see now what you were talking about on the camera mount.

Looks great and cannot wait to get the time and funds to start one of these.

Thanks for sharing and cannot wait for the spec thread so I can start getting things bought a little at a time.

Good stuff,

Mike

Mike, if I can be of any help when you start your project, lemme know. :)

Cheers!

Eric

glydr

How many letters do we ge
Photographic evidence that you have been doing circle work in the vacant lot next door!

(I think you guys call them donuts, where you get a car to oversteer through a complete turn)

Nice vid. Excellent setup.

G

DANG YOU ERIC!

I'm gonna have to start saving now because I know when you do the how to video I'm going to want to be wanting to build one of these now.

Excellent work.

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman
DANG YOU ERIC!

I'm gonna have to start saving now because I know when you do the how to video I'm going to want to be wanting to build one of these now.

Excellent work.

Thanks Vegas! They are super addicting......you won't regret building one. I will be starting the build videos sometime next week. I am also going to upload a .pdf to my website so that everyone will have patterns for the center section, as well as the risers for the camera boom.

Cheers!

Eric

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman
Photographic evidence that you have been doing circle work in the vacant lot next door!

(I think you guys call them donuts, where you get a car to oversteer through a complete turn)

Nice vid. Excellent setup.

G

Glydr, you caught me. LOL! I was pulling my daughter in the snow on the sled behind my 3-wheeler. :) It is her favorite thing to do right now, along with XBOX bowling. Hehehe.

Here is a video clip of it that my wife filmed on the iPad :)

Cheers!

Eric

Last edited:

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman
Working on another quad frame for my buddy Jeremiah. :)

2012-01-29_03-05-36_36-1.jpg

Eric

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Cool... I'm getting tired of watching people's builds... I want to get to it! International Shipping times suck.

voipmonkey

Eric what size arms are you using for your quads? are you using 10mm x 10mm Square aluminium? and how long are they?
mark