My quads hate me!!!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Ok we have crossed into that area where I am going to walk away.. I see shades of Tazman here and I aint about dealin with that again.

@Mr_Stripes nothing against you mate.. do what you think is best for you.

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
Go watch this YouTube video that explains why you cannot fully troubleshoot throttle response with props off. If you don't know, Joshua Bardwell is likely the most watched quad guy in the world.
Ok, now I understand where you are coming from. However this is not the problem. The quad has normal throttle response on the low range but once you get past a certain point it goes to a full throttle punch out. The quad reacts like normal on the low throttle. And I had already watched that video (and I just rewatched it) and I understand why the flight controller acts like that on the bench. That is not the same in this case. I really like this quad and I don't have $200 to spend on a new one.

CappyAmeric

Elite member
Ok, now I understand where you are coming from. However this is not the problem. The quad has normal throttle response on the low range but once you get past a certain point it goes to a full throttle punch out. The quad reacts like normal on the low throttle. And I had already watched that video (and I just rewatched it) and I understand why the flight controller acts like that on the bench. That is not the same in this case. I really like this quad and I don't have $200 to spend on a new one.
If it worked before you replaced the motor, then the FC is not the issue. What you are experiencing is exactly what I would expect if I powered a quad on the bench with those high KV motors and no props. I have seen it dozens of times myself. I have a couple of those little BetaFPV quads among my more than 2 dozen quads.

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
If it worked before you replaced the motor, then the FC is not the issue. What you are experiencing is exactly what I would expect if I powered a quad on the bench with those high KV motors and no props. I have seen it dozens of times myself. I have a couple of those little BetaFPV quads among my more than 2 dozen quads.
Alright then I will try psyborgs method of putting the props on backwards. If that works then I will put on the props.

CappyAmeric

Elite member
Alright then I will try psyborgs method of putting the props on backwards. If that works then I will put on the props.
Don't put props on backward on a quad with a flight controller - trying to fake out a flight controller won't work. Go back and watch the Bardwell video. Do it like he says and it will be safe and you will likely see that you don't have a problem at all.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Don't put props on backward on a quad with a flight controller - trying to fake out a flight controller won't work. Go back and watch the Bardwell video. Do it like he says and it will be safe and you will likely see that you don't have a problem at all.

Maybe you should go back and watch more Bardwell videos... He is the one that I learned to put the props on upside down to test motors without the quad freaking out. Its nice you want to help out mate but you just aint gettin the issue here. Frankly you are starting to trigger me. I have been building, tuning , and flying quads for over 6 years now. I have been here on the forums for 5+. Take a look at my post count. That is from helping people not chit chatting or just liking posts. I know EXACTLY what you are talking about and the video from 2016 that Bardwell did does NOT apply to the throttle issue @Mr_Stripes is having.

Watch this video around the 11 minute mark for how to flip the props to run upside down.

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
Here is a reply
if you are testing in air mode that is a normal behaviour. Without air mode, it should not happen....

In air mode....once you move throttle stick above min check for 1 second, the copter will think its flying....

Once you take off it will all be fine. On the ground it is not able to correct so the error keeps building up and it increases the throttle every moment....

With props on, it won't happen....

That's a nice build tho

Ok well the props are going on backwards.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Here is a reply
if you are testing in air mode that is a normal behaviour. Without air mode, it should not happen....

In air mode....once you move throttle stick above min check for 1 second, the copter will think its flying....

Once you take off it will all be fine. On the ground it is not able to correct so the error keeps building up and it increases the throttle every moment....

With props on, it won't happen....

That's a nice build tho

Ok well the props are going on backwards.

Hrmm that may be possible I suppose. I ALWAYS put air mode on a switch. so Its never been on when on my bench building testig or troubleshooting.. Me thinks I shall test this theory next time I am at the bench with a charged battery.

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
I usually just fly acro but I was waiting to mess with the modes untill I got the xm+ out and the speki+ in.