Nano QX FPV Question

brettp2004

I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere but I couldn't find it. The last bit of self control I have is fading away and I'm going to break down and get a nano qx fpv. I was just going to get the Horizon hobby mini fpv camera, but it's $99 and the nano qx fpv is only an extra $50, so I figured I might as well get that. From what I've read, it's not too difficult to remove the camera if you want to put it on something else. So here's my questions:

1. For those with the nano qx fpv, are you happy with it? Or would you recommend a different micro fpv quad? (I already have a TX and fat sharks, so I plan on getting the BNF)

2. I have a taranis with the orange rx dsm2/dsmx module, will I be able to bind that to the nano qx?

3. Is the camera indeed fairly easy to remove if I wanted to put it on something else?

4. The antennas I have for my fat sharks are LHCP, I'm assuming I'll have to get a RHCP to pickup the nano qx signal?

5. Any other tips? I definitely plan on getting some extra batteries.

Thanks for any and all help!

Spastickitten

I was at the cfl fpv meet a few months back and though it was wet and rainy I saw someone who brought their fpv nano out though they didn't fly, basically it looks like you'll be getting a nano qx with a camera (operation and maintenance wise). 2. yes 3. It is their mini fpv camera without a case in a cradle on the front, so probably. 4. yes? I think so... 5. You can fix booms with tape. I haven't had one but I have seen others that have.

notreallyme

#1 i am very happy with mine but have no experience with other fpv on micro quads to compare it to.

#2 it should work fine but again i don't have that setup. i run with spektrum radios.

#3 it is fairly easy to remove but spastic is right it has no case on it like when you buy it seperate.

#4 i have used it with the linear antenna's that came with my fat sharks and the LHCP airwaves i use on my 250. both work so far the lhcp work better and i have not used it enough where i might have issues to need to spend $40 on rhcp to match.

#5 as you said more batteries and i have a charger that charges 4 at 1 time. my flight times are about 4.5mins compared to my 6min times on my "normal" nano qx i cut it short so i know i can get it back to me to land before running out of battery.

hope this helps

brettp2004

Notreallyme, for the antennas, you have a LHCP on your fat sharks and it works ok with nano? Which I'm assuming is RHCP.

notreallyme

yes, i can fly all through my place( it is small) and get better reception with the LHCP on my fat sharks than the 1 they came with and yes the 1 on the quad is rhcp. i have not used it outside yet in this setup so no real distance. but i would definitely recommend getting it(the nano fpv) and try your LHCP before spending another $40 for RHCP unless you just want to have both anyway. I will take it with me next time i go fly and see how it works outside with some distance and interference like trees.

brettp2004

Thanks for the input. I really want to order one. It's taking a lot of self control not to! I've got to pay for a medical certificate for full scale aviation which is about the same price as a nano fpv BNF. If it wasn't for that, I'd be putting my amazon prime two day shipping to good use!