Naze32 not working? Not sure tho... Help!

The Duke Of Zyr

Hey all,

Totally new to the forum and rather new to fpv racing/freestyle so please bear with any noobness. I recently bought an eachine falcon 250 pro with a Naze32 board and after a crash yesterday I'm having issues. Here's what happened...pulling a power loop close to ground and on the pullout the quad didn't have enough umph and hit the ground, nothing too crazy, but a solid hit...when I walked over to it there was a slight puff of smoke from the back end of the quad and I noticed that the red power wire to the vtx was fried. No idea why or how that happened but a quick wire harness swap and I thought I'd be good but unfortunately when I plugged the lipo battery in the motors no longer do their normal start up chirp and instead just beep every few seconds and twitch. I checked my transmitter and it is still picking up the quad's FC signal and the LED lights change on the quad when I mess with the transmitter inputs meaning that the quad and transmitter are properly bound and working, my fpv system is all working but the quad just won't arm/initialize. I took the whole thing apart yesterday and realized that when I plug in the lipo the Naze32 board does not have any LEDs lighting up on it which makes me think that it's the Naze32 board, yet, like I said, the FC and OSD are all working properly which run through the Naze32. So I guess my questions are...

Is it possible for the Naze32 to be ruined somehow but still transmit signal or power to the other components connected to it?

Is there any way to know for sure if your board is broken?

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Hey there Duke of Zyr, welcome to the forums! Sorry to hear about the hardware issue you're having, but it does indeed sound like your naze32 flight controller (FC) is either damaged or not initializing. Have you tried plugging it into a computer via USB and connecting with either baseflight configurator or cleanflight configurator (Google Chrome apps) to see if you can get a response? There are resources on the internet to help with connecting the board to a computer if you want to try that.

Another option for troubleshooting is to directly connect one of the ESC signal cables to your RC Receiver (the component with the radio wires that your Transmitter/TX communicates with) and seeing if that motor responds to whatever channel you connect to. Depending on the RX, this may or may not be possible. It should be possible if it's a standard PWM RX (with lots of pins) vs the newer multirotor optimized ones that are SBUS or PPM only.

Hope this helps.

If it's just the Naze32, they're not that expensive to replace, but you'll have to reprogram/configure a new one from scratch.

The Duke Of Zyr

Hey makattack, thanks for responding, love the username (just watched that episode of it's always sunny)...update to my situation...I plugged the naze32 into my computer and it no longer registers on my computer, no lights blinking on the board (even though other LEDs on the quad do light up) and the little black chip right behind the usb (I think the silcon labs chip?) and USB port get super hot very quickly upon being plugged in...further research has led me to believe that these are symptoms of a ruined board, is this correct? I went ahead and ordered an F3 (may as well upgrade) to replace it so in really hope that was the issue!