Need help with battery (or maybe receiver)

ARHinVA

Just purchased (all from FT Store online ) a Tiny Trainer, Power Pack A, a Tattu 850mAh 11.1V 45C 3S1P Lipo Battery Pack With XT-30 Plug, Spektrum DSX transmitter, Spektrum AR620 receiver, and I have battery question: The plugs on the Tattu battery won't fit on the AR620 receiver. The receiver has 3 prongs; the battery has 4 prongs. I also have an eflight 30C 2S 7.4V 800MAh; that doesn't fit either.

The servos & ESC do fit the receiver.

Do I have the wrong battery, the wrong receiver, or both? I am hoping to build this starting next week when I am watching grandkids for a few days.

Thanks in advance

Alan in Virginia

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
Just purchased (all from FT Store online ) a Tiny Trainer, Power Pack A, a Tattu 850mAh 11.1V 45C 3S1P Lipo Battery Pack With XT-30 Plug, Spektrum DSX transmitter, Spektrum AR620 receiver, and I have battery question: The plugs on the Tattu battery won't fit on the AR620 receiver. The receiver has 3 prongs; the battery has 4 prongs. I also have an eflight 30C 2S 7.4V 800MAh; that doesn't fit either.

Do I have the wrong battery, the wrong receiver, or both? I am hoping to build this starting next week when I am watching grandkids for a few days.

Thanks in advance

Alan in Virginia

you connect the battery to the ESC and the ESC to the receiver the ESC has a BEC in it to supply power to the receiver and servos.

ARHinVA

you connect the battery to the ESC and the ESC to the receiver the ESC has a BEC in it to supply power to the receiver and servos.

Well THERE's my problem!.

Thanks

I used to fly glow plug (& still have a few); the 'lectronic stuff is new to me

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Well THERE's my problem!.

Thanks

I used to fly glow plug (& still have a few); the 'lectronic stuff is new to me

Don't feel bad. Before I started flying, all I'd dealt with were 4 position speed controls on my Tamiya RC cars. Basically, you had reverse, stop, low speed forward, and high speed forward, and it required a separate connection of 4 AA batteries into the receiver for it to work. Of course, that was also in the days of 72 mhz radios, well before any computer programming in transmitters. :)

Feel free to ask questions, we can help you out. :) Just be aware that if you're going to ask about what's a good transmitter, you're going to start a flame war. And the answer to what is the best is a Kraft Radio LOL (which, if you flew glow, you probably know the brand)

Battery800

Elite member

Thanks in advance

Alan in Virginia
the balance plug is for accessories and charging

ARHinVA

Don't feel bad. Before I started flying, all I'd dealt with were 4 position speed controls on my Tamiya RC cars. Basically, you had reverse, stop, low speed forward, and high speed forward, and it required a separate connection of 4 AA batteries into the receiver for it to work. Of course, that was also in the days of 72 mhz radios, well before any computer programming in transmitters. :)

Feel free to ask questions, we can help you out. :) Just be aware that if you're going to ask about what's a good transmitter, you're going to start a flame war. And the answer to what is the best is a Kraft Radio LOL (which, if you flew glow, you probably know the brand)

Next stupid question: I bought the M8 300W battery charger.

There seems to be no power supply included. How do I get power into the charger? Is this what I also need to purchase:
Power Supply - 400w/16.7a/24v - For M8 & ISDT Chargers ?

I have watched the FT (& other) videos on Batteries, charging, and the M8 - they all seem to assume I have a charger available (which I thought I did when I purchased the M8).

A glow-plug Cox .049 was never this complicated.

Thanks

Alan

ARHinVA

is that a dc input charger?

It is this thing

https://store.flitetest.com/rdq-power-supply-400w-16-7a-24v-pap/

Click or scroll to zoom
psu-1_700x700.jpg

psu-1_1800x1800.jpg

bisco

Elite member
it looks like it, but i would contact flite test to be sure. i don't understand why companies sell chargers without transformers.
they could at least mention that one is required and show options.

that charger is way too complicated for me, are you doing a lot of different batteries and sophisticated charging/discharging/balancing and etc?

ARHinVA

it looks like it, but i would contact flite test to be sure. i don't understand why companies sell chargers without transformers.
they could at least mention that one is required and show options.

that charger is way too complicated for me, are you doing a lot of different batteries and sophisticated charging/discharging/balancing and etc?
Thanks

ARHinVA

excellent! for a company trying to help people get into the hobby, they could do a better job with product descriptions and applications
I was just happy that (1) a human answered the phone & (2) she was actually from FT (vs a call center somewhere) , & (3) she was able to help!

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
That's why I use Banggood and Aliexpress, not only are they cheaper but they also offer power supply lead options (EU, UK etc) which you can select when making your purchase.
You also get specifications for motor's and ESC's, so you can check everything before buying and ensure its right part for your model.
EXAMPLE BELOW:
1628020003922.png

1628019961844.png

1628020046835.png