Need help with my Prop to tighten it to the motor shaft.

SanandaA

I'm new to the RC hobby. I am putting my plane together, a HobbyKing Cessna 172, however the prop will not tighten to the motor shaft. If you know how this is to be done, please tell me so I can get this bird flying.

Thanks
Sananda

Last edited:

Tactical Ex

Welcome to the forums SanandaA!

I don't own, nor have I seen the particular plane you are talking about but most propellers are attached with prop collet adaptors or prop savers. I think this video will probably help you with the prop collet which I believe is most likely what you are dealing with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94pgMkWW0oM

Also, as an IT professional, I would recommend removing your email address from your post (click on edit below your post), while Flite Test is generally a safe place with great people, posting your email address anywhere on the web is typically a bad idea. It opens you up for loads of spam and possible malware. The forums exist not only as a two way communication but also as a reference for other people who read and learn something even if they choose not to contribute so by emailing you I would be depriving the community and possible others who are in your scenario of valuable information.

If you wish to speak privately, the forums also have a great private message functionality which is a great alternative to email in many cases.

I hope that info helps and you can move forward in this great hobby/addiction!