Need help with Tarot FY690S Hex

jake408

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Any 20-30A ESC should do as should any 2000-3000mAh lipo of at least 20C.

Simon K or BlHeli firmware on the ESCs will give you better control and a more 'locked in' feeling. A higher C rating on the lipo will be less likely to sag and more likely to last longer if you take care of it. Consider a 2200 or 3000 mAh 35 or 40 C Zippy.

nilsen

What ESC's, props, and battery(s) do you guys recommend I should get?
Thank you!!

Hey Jake!

I have a Tarot 680 and have recently changed motors, twice... so I can offer you some advice with an APM 2.6 etc.

1. 12 inches is the most you can fit on the frame without starting to interfere with the next door props (as was once mentioned on the forum about prop sizes)
-- Just checked and hobby-wing specs say you could fit 13 inch props - go for it! :D
2. With motors that big you can easily use slow-steeper prop like a 12x6 (something like this)

Initially I purchased the Hex set from buildyourowndrone.co.uk and it comes with small 860kv motors which are not made to swing 12 inch props, 10 inch recommended, however at hover with 12x4.7 props the motors were not too warm so I kept them.

I wanted more thrust to lift heavier cameras so I wanted to use the 1260 props so needed to get btter suited motors.

I had some 320kv multistars from a different project however those don't work at all and need larger props or 80% throttle just to life, now I have Multistar 3525-850 which when using at hover will be great however *could* overheat if flying at max however I'm mostly hovering anyway.

PS. I use 4S batteries but on 3S it would be more efficient.

As for the ESC's I have 20 amp Jdrones "simon-k like" - don't know what that means, ESC's and using the telemetry I can see that at hover I'm only drawing some 10 amps for all 6 motors so I'm pretty sure 20 amp will be ok, considering you're using 3S and larger motors you will draw even less current so I think it would be good to use some nice high quality 20 amps.

Try and get BEC-less ESC's and an external BEC as you should remove the + wire from the servo wires anyway and only keep 1 connected when plugging them into the APM.

For the batteries I use 5000 and 6200 mah 4S and get about 15 minutes of mixed flying, however 3s would be more suited, I think 8000 mah would be a good size for an aerial video machine.

Using your motors on ecalc and 13 inch props on 3s 5000mah battery I get this:
3s-1360.png

And using 12 inch props on 3s 5000mah:
3s-1260.png

and using 4s Battery on 13 inch:
4s-1360.png

and 4s on 12 inch:
4s-1260.png

Hope this helps a little bit :)