Help! Need Some Help Selling Some Older RC Planes

JordanFox

I recently met a new friend who was telling me about how he inherited a lot of older RC planes from his family and I was checking some of them out and they were awesome. However, I have not been in the hobby long and could not tell which planes belong to which brand and what would be a good selling price for them. I believe everyone of them is gas or nitro power system, neither of which have I ever flown or seen at a field, so it is hard for me personally to determine a price for him and maybe even make an offer on one myself. I know that quite a few are Hangar 9 planes which is a reputable company. There is a Puller F-22 Raptor that I have priced at close to $500 and one of them is still in the box! There is also a Ultra Stick Lite and others I'm sure are from Hangar 9. But like I said earlier, some of the planes I am unable to distinguish but I am sure there is someone out there who knows what they are. One is a P-51 Mustang (has about a 50 inch wingspan) with the racing number Seven and Candyman labeled on the wings (It was a P-51 that flew in WW2 and then traveled across the world from owner to owner, one of the owners even raced it in the 1970's hence the racing number seven). There are also two larger P-51 mustangs that have probably close to six maybe seven foot wingspans. There are also several Bobcat SuperBee's (not sure which company) that have decent sized jet like engines. There is also all the corresponding controllers as well as spare motors, parts, and all that is needed to maintain a gas or glow powered RC Plane. I will attach pictures of the ones that I got that day and all the help would be greatly appreciated! I personally would want to have the Candyman or the Puller F-22 as my first gasser! Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_3309.JPG
    IMG_3309.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3310.JPG
    IMG_3310.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3311.JPG
    IMG_3311.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3313.JPG
    IMG_3313.JPG
    8.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3314.JPG
    IMG_3314.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3316.JPG
    IMG_3316.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3317.JPG
    IMG_3317.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3319.JPG
    IMG_3319.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 0

JordanFox

Sorry, I can't help either, but they are super cool
Sorry, can't help, just wanted to say that those look awesome!

I know right! I was ecstatic when i got to see them! I have only seen my electric plane and maybe several others in the park that I fly in. I want to try and make it to a dedicated RC Field in my area sometime! Do you guys know of anyone or anywhere that I could find someone that could help. Any other forums, kinda new to this stuff!

JordanFox

View attachment 174983
I found this in about 30 seconds .
Check this link.
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/nitro-models-bobcat-52-c-model-17706696 There is more information. Additionally, you might check RC Groups as well. If I had more time today I could help out. Perhaps this evening. Good luck.
Awesome thanks! I recently found that the brand of the Bobcat was BVM. To my surprise a excellent condition one was listed for $4,250. Though neither of the three are in that shape, there is potential for my friend to make space in his shed at last! Thanks for the help!

JordanFox

Curious where these are located. I'm sure that bobcat with the gas turbine would be pretty pricey.
The Great Smokey Mountains on the East Coast! There is three of them. Some in better shape than others as they have been sitting for four to five years. I’m pretty sure they have the seventy series motor, not the eighty and I’m also pretty sure they are also the balsa model cause they have no flaps.

Last edited: