new guy

zoltron55

allmost a pilot
hello just got 2 FT tiny trainer kits (don't order when drunk lol) I have been learning for about 4 years now & needed a small plane to fly close to home. my club field is 40 min. away. this is my 5th plane in my hangar, the others are HZ supercub, HZ p-51, GWS Formosa and a scratch built biplane out of 2mm depron called the prair-E duster from AMA plans. will post some pics once I figure my camera out

zoltron55

allmost a pilot
well both planes are almost done. ordered the motors today. 1 4c wing will have 1/2 the dihedral & 1 will be totally flat lets see how that goes. tomorrow I'll get some poly to coat the plane before the color

mikeporterinmd

Still Learning
well both planes are almost done. ordered the motors today. 1 4c wing will have 1/2 the dihedral & 1 will be totally flat lets see how that goes. tomorrow I'll get some poly to coat the plane before the color

If you are making them from the water resistant foam board kits, you probably don't need to use poly first. I personally coat the edges with a lite bit of white Elmers glue. Hardens the edge, prevents paper peel, and as I've learned, will help prevent spray paint propellant damage to the foam should you get too close. The white glue method is also fairly lite weight. Some people use hot glue, but that appears to add more weight.

Welcome to the forums!

Mike

zoltron55

allmost a pilot
I was gonna use weldbond on the edges where the paper flaps. but I'll try elmers 1 more glue in my arsenal lol . I think I will never buy a rtf or arf plane again

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
Welcome to the Forums Zoltron! Glad to hear things are going well! Building is a blast and we cannot wait to see some pics and flight footage my friend! ENJOY and keep on keepin on!

Blessings,
Stefan

zoltron55

allmost a pilot
thx Stefan got my e-max 1806 motors today 1 of the planes I might give to a guy at work that has never flown before. I'm gonna let him try with a buddybox if he likes it he will have to buy his own transmitter. if not he got to try with out spending a dime