New Power Pack Kits

CrshNBrn

Elite member
I'm not really sure where this question goes, but I see FliteTest has revamped their Power Pack offerings and am curious about their reception in the FT community.

I also noticed that the only way to purchase the old C Pack motor (Radial 2218/1180kV) is by buying the whole Power Pack kit. I don't need the whole kit (the price is getting a little steep, but want to still support FT), but don't see a comparable motor in their store:
  • The EMAX 2215/1100kv doesn't recommend a 4s battery. It also seems a little smaller than the old C Pack Radial.
  • The FT2814/1100kv has a ton of power, but is much heavier than the old C Pack.
What's everyone going to use in place of the old C Pack motor? Anybody know if FT will offer just the old 2218/1180kv on their store again?

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
I'm not really sure where this question goes, but I see FliteTest has revamped their Power Pack offerings and am curious about their reception in the FT community.

I also noticed that the only way to purchase the old C Pack motor (Radial 2218/1180kV) is by buying the whole Power Pack kit. I don't need the whole kit (the price is getting a little steep, but want to still support FT), but don't see a comparable motor in their store:
  • The EMAX 2215/1100kv doesn't recommend a 4s battery. It also seems a little smaller than the old C Pack Radial.
  • The FT2814/1100kv has a ton of power, but is much heavier than the old C Pack.
What's everyone going to use in place of the old C Pack motor? Anybody know if FT will offer just the old 2218/1180kv on their store again?
I've gone to the 2217 Cobra motors, a little pricey but smooth, smooth, smooth.

mastermalpass

Elite member
I just buy those cheap orange motors on Ebay.

Screenshot_20221004-214637_eBay.jpg

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Much obliged for your speedy replies. I've built a ton of foamboard planes, but never deviate too far from the recommended electronics.