New to multirotors and just got my first one

Multi hob

Hi everyone, I am new to multirotors and I just got my first quadcopter which is the Hubsan X4 H107C 2.4G 4CH RC Quadcopter With HD 2 MP Camera RTF. I love this quad. I actually have the battery charging up right now for some fun learning.

earthsciteach

Congrats and welcome to an addiction! LOL

Are you new to RC flight? If you have experience flying fixed wing, multis can be weird. If you are young, you have no worries. If you are like me and in your 40s or older, it can be a strange but fun learning curve.

Multi hob

I am not new to RC flight. I have 2 airplanes and 1 helicopter. I am 24 years old. I am new to multirotors

MototechRyan

Wannabe Jedi
I started out with the hubsan too. Fun and durable little quad. I've purposely ran it into the bay door at work to see how loud of a bang it would make and only broke a prop.

I'd recommend getting a quad with the capability to fly with no auto level/rate mode. Like the latrax alias or blade nano qx. Learning with auto level can develop some bad habits and make it alot harder to learn to fly like the pros when moving up to rate mode.

Multi hob

I started out with the hubsan too. Fun and durable little quad. I've purposely ran it into the bay door at work to see how loud of a bang it would make and only broke a prop.

I'd recommend getting a quad with the capability to fly with no auto level/rate mode. Like the latrax alias or blade nano qx. Learning with auto level can develop some bad habits and make it alot harder to learn to fly like the pros when moving up to rate mode.

So I need to put it in to expert mode and not normal mode.

jipp

learning from the start in expert mode ( acro mode ). you will crash more up front, but you will become a better pilot quicker losing teh training wheels.. keep the training wheels for AP stuff.. im not sure what acro mode is with the hudson, on the blade nano qx. its when the red light is on.

chris.

jaskoller

Congrats, I love my x4. Fast agile little quad. I broke the prop protector and took it off and never looked back. The thing is crazy tough and really fast. I have a few quads and a Tricopter (v2) and I always pull my hubsan out to race around the yard. It seams more agile without the prop protector on there and I break very few props, though I do run it into trees and stuff all the time! Have fun and good luck.