New to the forum and new to Colorado Springs

Jeeper

Hello all! First time caller here! Let's see, I've been building planes for 35 years. Started with the old stick and tissue, then moved through .049 control line, then into glow R/C, then electric. I've started flying electric with my glow planes waaaaay back when all we had were brushed Mubachi can motors. I can still remember buying my first brushless inrunner and having to learn all about amp draw and watts and testing props with a watt meter so I wouldn't smoke my precious new brushless motor. Lol. The electric world has jumped leaps and bounds over the last 10 years with the new, cheaper lipo's and brushless motors. I still have my first 2 cell Lipo battery that I ever bought. 2003? It was an Etec 2 cell rated at 4C. I thought I was the king of the world! Then the new Thunder Power 10C came out and I thought it can't get any better than this!!!! Look at where we are now!!!
I stumbled on the Flite Test website a few years ago and am coming around to building some foamies to fly. I still love to build with balsa, but I gotta admit, building a fleet of little foamies in a weekend is VERY appealing. I'm going to order a couple this weekend and give them a go.
Also, I'm new to Colorado Springs and would love to meet up with some flyers at some of the local parks sometime. Flying with a couple guys is waaay more fun than flying alone. I had a great group of guys that would meet a few times a week after work to fly till the sun went down back home in Florida. When you can get a few planes in the air playing follow the leader about 4 feet above the grass as the sun sets, life is good.
Cheers!

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Welcome to the forums! I personally am not from Colorado Springs so I can’t help much with forming a group to fly, but the AMA has a great club finder on their website. I couldn’t agree more with flying with a groups is way better than flying alone. I just joined my first club recently myself and it has been awesome! Sorry about all of my rambling and welcome again to the forums, if you have any questions feel free to ask, we couldn’t have a better community here.

AMA Club Finder

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Welcome to the forums! :D

Another balsa builder who enjoys foam too - and fiberglass, or whatever else I can make a plane out of :p