Covid Addition - RC planes COLORADO

Casey Cyrus

Hello all, First time poster and happy I returned to the hobby after 30 years. Built my 2m Sprit Sailplane in 1991 and still have it in the garage. That glider followed me around the world while in the US Army but no flight hours on it since at least 1992. Saw all these new construction ideas and so happy the hobby is now affordable for all. I am addicted to the Master series 2 Corsairs from $ tree foam and now I have started to use my lessons learned to build my own collection. This time of year Snow flying in Colorado is awesome.

Attachments

• 20220119_160824.jpg
    20220119_160824.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0

mastermalpass

Elite member
Hello all, First time poster and happy I returned to the hobby after 30 years. Built my 2m Sprit Sailplane in 1991 and still have it in the garage. That glider followed me around the world while in the US Army but no flight hours on it since at least 1992. Saw all these new construction ideas and so happy the hobby is now affordable for all. I am addicted to the Master series 2 Corsairs from $ tree foam and now I have started to use my lessons learned to build my own collection. This time of year Snow flying in Colorado is awesome.

That's a nice fleet, I like what you've done with the struts on that BiPlane.

What's going on with that plane with the petal shapes cut out of the wings then? I saw you say in another thread it was using plastic meat trays, but I can't see them in the pics. I'm aware that the petals have since been filled in with orange now, I'm guessing with a material other than foam?

skymaster

Elite member
looks like u got bit by the bug too. just take it eazy and have fun. you might end up with a room full of them.

Casey Cyrus

That's a nice fleet, I like what you've done with the struts on that BiPlane.

What's going on with that plane with the petal shapes cut out of the wings then? I saw you say in another thread it was using plastic meat trays, but I can't see them in the pics. I'm aware that the petals have since been filled in with orange now, I'm guessing with a material other than foam?

Yes those struts are nice and no glue needed. I hold the wings together with BBQ skewers.

The Meat trays are used to cut the fuse formers the meat tray foam in a little ticker than $ tree foam board and i do not need to double them. The wing is now covered with red mono on the bottom and clear packing tape on top. Plan to add servos this week and have her ready for spring. will update with photos as I complete.

Last edited:

Casey Cyrus

Atleast not all meat tray foam makes it to the landfill. I have also saved a few pringles cans as you can see in my snow flyer. Tip Plastic gallon milk or water bottle corners make nice canopies.

Attachments

• 20230124_195801.jpg
    20230124_195801.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230124_195855.jpg
    20230124_195855.jpg
    859.1 KB · Views: 0

mastermalpass

Elite member
Yes those struts are nice and no glue needed. I hold the wings together with BBQ skewers.

The Meat trays are used to cut the fuse formers the meat tray foam in a little ticker than $ tree foam board and i do not need to double them. The wing is now covered with red mono on the bottom and clear packing tape on top. Plan to add servos this week and have her ready for spring. will update with photos as I complete.

Ah, they were foam meat trays! I was looking for the plastic ones, no wonder they were blending in with the rest of the foam so well. That's a nice trick, I'll have to remember that one!