Solved Next plane

OlliePackman

So, I just crashed my ft arrow influenced wing on its maiden and totalled it. I can't be bothered to rebuild it so I'm not going to have another wing but I want to build a plane out of the electronics I used for this wing.
I have a 2206 2300kv motor (which says it is ccw but I think it will run cw for a plane?)
I was using an 800mah 3s which exploded in the crash but I will probably buy the same again unless someone says different
A 30a hobbyking esc
6x3 props (cw and ccw)

What I'm asking the community is what planes are available for me to build with these electronics? Obviously I don't want my plane to be underpowered so I want to know what planes I could scratch build fairly quickly and easily without plans (I don't have printing access right now) and just eyeball stuff to get it in the air... I was thinking maybe an ft duster/piper pawnee style plane of that size? Or a cub? I don't know so tell me the options please! ⬇️

OlliePackman

Oh, and here is the before and after the wing crash for those of you wanting to laugh at my efforts🤣...
The wreckage is much worse than it looks... Completely unfixable. Evn the spar has snapped halfway down the wing from some weights shooting forward through it.
IMG_20210221_120042_385.jpg
IMG_20210221_120042_467.jpg

OlliePackman

And also... 😂I keep forgetting to put stuff in the original post haha...
I could also build something out of the thick insulating foam board used in houses with some hot wire cutting so if there is a vague wingspan and weight that this power setup could carry then let me know as it would be a good gauge of what to build.

Test Fly RC

Elite member
So, I just crashed my ft arrow influenced wing on its maiden and totalled it. I can't be bothered to rebuild it so I'm not going to have another wing but I want to build a plane out of the electronics I used for this wing.
I have a 2206 2300kv motor (which says it is ccw but I think it will run cw for a plane?)
I was using an 800mah 3s which exploded in the crash but I will probably buy the same again unless someone says different
A 30a hobbyking esc
6x3 props (cw and ccw)

What I'm asking the community is what planes are available for me to build with these electronics? Obviously I don't want my plane to be underpowered so I want to know what planes I could scratch build fairly quickly and easily without plans (I don't have printing access right now) and just eyeball stuff to get it in the air... I was thinking maybe an ft duster/piper pawnee style plane of that size? Or a cub? I don't know so tell me the options please! ⬇️
The FT Tiny Trainer might be a good option!
Plans: https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?resources/ft-tiny-trainer.126/
Speed build Kit: https://store.ftstem.com/mighty-mini-tiny-trainer-speed-build-kit/

Maxx

Agree,I'm a beginner rc pilot and I made myself a tiny trainer and flew it a few times already and I love it . Easy build and easy flying . I fly it on a 2s and 850MAH and only 3 channels for now . Next will be 3s and 4 channels :) . Only thing I don't like is breaking all those props ...LOL !
I'm working on my next and it will be a 90% size so that it's under 250 grams flying weight .

OlliePackman

Agree,I'm a beginner rc pilot and I made myself a tiny trainer and flew it a few times already and I love it . Easy build and easy flying . I fly it on a 2s and 850MAH and only 3 channels for now . Next will be 3s and 4 channels :) . Only thing I don't like is breaking all those props ...LOL !
I'm working on my next and it will be a 90% size so that it's under 250 grams flying weight .
At least props are cheap

duckduckgoose

Last edited:

quorneng

Master member
Next plane?
Based on that picture I would simply repair the old one first, get it flying and then worry about the next plane.
Making an adequate repair teaches you a lot about the 'how and where' of structural strength but perhaps I am from the 'make do and mend' generation. ;)