Help! Next step after TinkerCad?

Turbojoe

Elite member
I'm in no way proficient in TinkerCad but I have been frustrated lately with not being able to make small adjustments to things like curve radii or even to create my own curves. There just aren't enough adjustment points like in a full on cad program. I've seen AutoCAD in use and though it is far too complicated for me to learn (and WAY beyond what I could afford) the multiple adjustment points is all I'm after. Is there another FREE program that's as intuitive as TinkerCad but has just a little more functionality? I'm starting to finally put my daughters 3D printer to use and designing a few things but could do so much more with a program just one step beyond....

Joe

tamuct01

Fusion360 is free for non-commercial use and has widespread adoption in the hobby 3D printing and machining community. It does have a decent learning curve, but there are tons of help sites and videos out there to learn from.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
I'm in no way proficient in TinkerCad but I have been frustrated lately with not being able to make small adjustments to things like curve radii or even to create my own curves. There just aren't enough adjustment points like in a full on cad program. I've seen AutoCAD in use and though it is far too complicated for me to learn (and WAY beyond what I could afford) the multiple adjustment points is all I'm after. Is there another FREE program that's as intuitive as TinkerCad but has just a little more functionality? I'm starting to finally put my daughters 3D printer to use and designing a few things but could do so much more with a program just one step beyond....

Joe
I use Fusion 360 because it's free for students. The only free programs I know of are FreeCad and Sketchup, I don't know how they compare to TinkerCad though.

Turbojoe

Elite member
I tried Fusion 360 a while back and it was way beyond what I needed. Just tried to use it again and each time I try to verify my email Chrome stops it saying the link is likely hacked and is trying to steal my information. I did a quick uninstall and had McAfee scan my system. I'll take a look at Freecad. I thought Sketchup was discontinued. I'll look for it though. If they added just a little more functionality to TinkerCad it would be perfect for my needs.

Joe