Nice day to crash, but all three come on......

artezz

That's right, I crashed three planes , all with in minutes of each other. Just not my day. It was a beautiful day. Almost no wind, and no one but I and my wife at the park to see the disaster. I checked the planes over and all seemed to be in working order. That is when I loaded them in the jeep for the trip to the park. We live in upstate New York, and to find a day with little to no wind is far and few between. I am 63, and a disabled veteran, 100% unemployable, so I have time to fly, or crash as the case may be. We took the planes out of the jeep and set them on the picnic tables. I had brought Two planes that were designs from Mickey`s RC . Both where for FPV, one with the double wings, made with dollar foam board. The third was a design from Flite Test, It too is a foam board swappable design. This one was the first one to go down. My wife bought the wrong foam board, and it was twice as heavy as it should have been. I think this might have contributed to its down fall. The plane was the old fogey. My wife tossed it, it went from her hand about two feet into the ground. I had it full throttle and it never event attempted to climb. It nose dived, done. Motor left by means of its own. So it was done for the day. Second up, is the FPV single wing. This plane has flown before. It is now called The Dicer. It earned its name two years ago, when my wife tossed it in to the air, and didn't bring her hand all the way down. This plane being a pusher, it got her. I heard a hump as the plane took off into the sky. It flew down range perfectly. I glanced back at my wife and saw red on her hand. I asked what happened she said she hit the prop. I told her to go to the Jeep and get the first aid kit . Ill land the plane and be right with her. She had launched this plane before with no problem, this time she had her hand to far back. I brought the plane back down it was flyn, great too. Landed and packed up. Took her home. The blade had peeled the skin and meat from her first knuckle all the way back to the largest knuckle, off. She needed stitches to but it back on. It took 25 of them. She wouldn`t touch that plane for over two years. Anyways this time it took off went two feet banked left and nose dived. Again This time I could see the problem. One of the control arms had come off. On to plane three. The bi plane FPV hand launch, full throttle, nothing, straight to the ground, what the f@#%k over. That's it I loaded every thing back into the Jeep and went home. Im going back to bed. I just don't get it. May be I have the wrong prop. This thing dropped like a brick.

Rubicon

I have suffered from the reversed elevator bug...... It would do exactly like you describe.... Pull back on the stick the elevator should go up.. I for some dumb reason got it backwards an nearly took the nose off of my Bixler 2.

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
What set up do you have? I find it a lot easier to fly overpowered planes than properly powered planes. It seems to take a certain amount of finesse and patience to get a properly powered plane to fly. If you turn too sharply, the plane drops down too much and it takes forever to gain altitude again. You have to be light on the controls to keep it in the air. But with an over powered plane, you can aim the nose at the sky, punch the throttle, and up it goes. If you mess up, then aim the nose at the sky again and punch it.

I recommend making another FT Old Fogey out of the correct foam board, but over power it as much as reasonable. You can still let off of the throttle and let it gently float around, but you can also easily gain altitude right off of the bat. Just be careful for torque roll. Don't punch the throttle too much, gently increase the throttle.

Last edited: