No response from Support

I purchased the FT Turbo Tutor Value Bundle and assembled it. Overall had a great impression and enjoyed the process.

I ran the motor about 4 times with no issues. Everything was fine.

Went to go flying now that the warm weather is here and the ESC is not functional Sent 3 email to admin and support. ZERO response!

My original message:

"I recently purchased your kit which included everything except the receiver. I had completed it over the winter and was anticipating going flying however, when I attempted to increase the throttle, the motor would not turn.

I had previously tested it and everything was functioning perfectly. I did some trouble shooting with another motor controller and the motor functioned perfectly. I used a different motor with the Flite Test motor controller and it did exactly the same thing (did not turn). I noted that I was able to still power the receiver etc. as all the servos were functional.

My thoughts are that the power amplifier in the controller for the motor, has failed. The defective motor controller is a Power Pack B - 25 Amp, BEC5A@5V BL Heli S

As a side note, I have considerable experience with motor controllers and I am an electrical engineer.

Please provide information regarding next steps."

Still waiting.

Has anyone else experience issues with the FT ESC's and the lack of support from FT?

Thank you.

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
I purchased the FT Turbo Tutor Value Bundle and assembled it. Overall had a great impression and enjoyed the process.

Went to go flying now that the warm weather is here and the ESC is not functional Sent 3 email to admin and support. ZERO response!

My original message:

"I recently purchased your kit which included everything except the receiver. I had completed it over the winter and was anticipating going flying however, when I attempted to increase the throttle, the motor would not turn.

I had previously tested it and everything was functioning perfectly. I did some trouble shooting with another motor controller and the motor functioned perfectly. I used a different motor with the Flite Test motor controller and it did exactly the same thing (did not turn). I noted that I was able to still power the receiver etc. as all the servos were functional.

My thoughts are that the power amplifier in the controller for the motor, has failed. The defective motor controller is a Power Pack B - 25 Amp, BEC5A@5V BL Heli S

As a side note, I have considerable experience with motor controllers and I am an electrical engineer.

Still waiting.

Has anyone else experience issues with the FT ESC's and the lack of support from FT?

Thank you.
I hear your frustration now that the weather is improving. While you're waiting on a response from the form @HVB79 showed you it's a good idea to go back to basics (btw I'm also a EE). These controllers need to be calibrated and sometimes every so often after the install. If you haven't tried this here are the steps:

1) remove prop
2) turn on tx and increase throttle to max.
3) plug in battery and wait for a series of beeps from motor
4) decrease throttle to min. and you should get another series of beeps

Hopefully it's something that simple. Easy to assume it's okay if you'd calibrated it in the past.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin

My original message:

Still waiting.

Thank you.
Make sure that the email you supplied for them to reply to you was written correctly. I used to help with customer support emails and that was something that happened more often than you'd think.

Also, check your spam folder in your email. That used to be another common reason for this sort of post on the forum.

I don't think emailing admin or support is the correct process.

I think you need to fill out this form:
Thank you. It’s been completed. Maybe I will get a response
Make sure that the email you supplied for them to reply to you was written correctly. I used to help with customer support emails and that was something that happened more often than you'd think.

Also, check your spam folder in your email. That used to be another common reason for this sort of post on the forum.
Thank you. I did check spam and junk mail folders. Unfortunately they were empty

I hear your frustration now that the weather is improving. While you're waiting on a response from the form @HVB79 showed you it's a good idea to go back to basics (btw I'm also a EE). These controllers need to be calibrated and sometimes every so often after the install. If you haven't tried this here are the steps:

1) remove prop
2) turn on tx and increase throttle to max.
3) plug in battery and wait for a series of beeps from motor
4) decrease throttle to min. and you should get another series of beeps

Hopefully it's something that simple. Easy to assume it's okay if you'd calibrated it in the past.
Great information. I did try that on the original motor and the second test motor. No success. Thank you.

ModelManFrank

I have notice the store has not replenished anything. I was going to but the T-28 and F-6F but they don't show it out of stock but it does not give you an option to buy ether. So something is up