Noobie and the FT22 Speedbuild... #1: motor mount

Ack

[EDIT]

Okay. perhaps I have overindulged in prose...

I have edited this post down to the essentials - my problem and a question...

[END EDIT]

I assembled the motor mount on my FT22 using superglue as I did not have the adhesives that were used in the build video.

BIG Mistake!

During my first test with the motor mounted and wired, the motor randomly started (it was actually wired correctly!) and the motor mount proceeded to disassemble itself as if it was never glued together in the first place! Yes, the prop was installed... :p

Lesson learned.

So, here are the first questions of this thread for me and noobs that follow:

Exactly what glue products are suitable for assembling the motor mount? Items that are readily available without traveling many miles to the nearest RC hobby shop would be helpful. Google, I understand, is also my friend... ;)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Chevrolado

Ive had good luck with CA, make sure you use alot of it, and make sure the wood soaks it up. Ive also used epoxy, hot glue, and even GOOP Glue. if you cant get access to any of these things you need another hobby ;)

T-Richard

I had a similar issue, CA didn't bond right. I used gorilla glue or epoxy and now it's solid. Gorilla glue is lighter but foams up a good deal. Epoxy smells and is kinda toxic somewhat heavy but real strong

Ack

I managed to get thing back together using JB Wood epoxy.

The beastie is ready to fly. Now I need to find a place to fly it - hopefully not alone.