• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

OK, Flite Test Forum Folks - $10 Mystery Plane!

Hoomi

I wandered about the AMA Expo West for several hours today, and walked out with only two purchases - the Fly Cycle t-shirt, and a $10 "mystery" plane from one of the swap vendors. As near as I can tell, the plane is complete, other than no instructions. The assembly looks pretty straight forward, so I should have no problems with that, and the plane came with 2 servos (which, if they are good makes it worth the ten bucks anyway). The wingspan of the plane is about 23.5". There is a faded label on the box that might have been readable a year ago, though it would have been pretty faint even then. About the only two things I can make out on the label are "HKD" (Hobby King Distributing?) and WP365 (the '5' is a best-guess).

Anyone recognize this plane? Any insights into what size motor/battery I should look into installing?

mysteryplane.jpg

SquirrelTail

I wandered about the AMA Expo West for several hours today, and walked out with only two purchases - the Fly Cycle t-shirt, and a $10 "mystery" plane from one of the swap vendors. As near as I can tell, the plane is complete, other than no instructions. The assembly looks pretty straight forward, so I should have no problems with that, and the plane came with 2 servos (which, if they are good makes it worth the ten bucks anyway). The wingspan of the plane is about 23.5". There is a faded label on the box that might have been readable a year ago, though it would have been pretty faint even then. About the only two things I can make out on the label are "HKD" (Hobby King Distributing?) and WP365 (the '5' is a best-guess).

Anyone recognize this plane? Any insights into what size motor/battery I should look into installing?

View attachment 146988
It is the FliteTest rocket plane! I think it was called the parkjet...

Hoomi

Just watched the FT review video from nearly years ago. It is a Hobby King bird, but Parkjet is the correct name (I knew I could count on the Flite Test community). Glad I watched the video before assembling it, as there is a hunk of square wood in the box, which seemed like it was supposed to go in the motor mount channel. What puzzled me, is that, with this wood set in the channel, there is no room for motor wiring to pass through. From the video, it appears the fiberglass motor mount is glued directly into the bottom of the channel.

The video gives me a good idea of what size motor, ESC, and battery to look for. Thanks!