One more Lidl stroll around the block

quorneng

Master member
Just to complete the picture my RC Lidl now has a folding prop.
A bit more than just a replacement as the whole motor had to moved back so the fuselage cross section matched the spinner. The motor is now totally enclosed.
FoldProp1.JPG

Although its 'drone' ESC does not have a 'brake' function the prop folds readily enough at a slow glide. As hoped there is a noticeable improvement in the high speed glide and of course there is now no risk to the prop on landing.;)

Javiester

Elite member
it's awesome how it flies
I ran out of energy because one of the terminals of the battery male had a bad connection and has just floated down while looking like a fool
next time I do not land, I cut gas and ready
I promise video next week
thanks Caroline I love this plane

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
it's awesome how it flies
I ran out of energy because one of the terminals of the battery male had a bad connection and has just floated down while looking like a fool
next time I do not land, I cut gas and ready
I promise video next week
thanks Caroline I love this plane
The Lidl plane is great for modification!
I love mine too :)

Javiester

Elite member
I need help
after the third flight I burned the motors since the manufacturer recommended 5x3 triblade and I had 5x4.5 triblade
Now when you put the 5x3 two blades the plane rotates very little and when it accelerates more than 30% it does like waves, it goes up and down
however, if I cut the gas completely, it has a straight glide to the ground
I have removed the angle of push down leaving it straight but it has only improved somewhat

quorneng

Master member
It sounds like somewhere along the line the CofG has moved back so it is no longer stable, particularly at speed under power.
Remember a 5x3 two blade is lighter than a 3 blade and this could be part of the problem. The reduction in thrust may also mean you are having to apply up elevator to keep flying resulting in the plane slowing to a stall, recovering and then doing the same again.

My light weight 220g conversion also has more wing area so flies quite slowly. It can actually thermal too.
This video was its maiden flight. Now with a folding prop it glides that bit better too.

Bonzofly

I have made a couple of Lidl power conversions. Detailed build blog is the first video. And the maiden.

AND my latest was a lighter weight version which I maidened a couple of days ago. A VERY windy maiden. But I think it will fly well. They both have. The first had a might powerful motor, the second just a little BR2204.

The first build blog has 5,000 views now!

This is the maiden and a great test flight of the little EPP Swallow. A very cheap EPP wing that is great fun to fly. £16? BR2204 motor and 2s 1000mA lipo.

And this is the second build.

and a VERY windy maiden!

Javiester

Elite member
I'm going to go parts
the center of the engine is aligned with the attack edge of each wing
Do I have to give it some angle, up or down?

Bonzofly

Both my Lidl's have got them. Have yours? Too cheap not to fit one to my mind! Is your model worth a £1 ? Lost model locators 5 for just over £5 at the moment. ;) Maybe you use them anyway, if not why not! Easy to install in a couple of mins, check out my video. These little gadgets have helped me save a couple of mine in the past. All my models are fitted with one. 43% off. http://shrsl.com/23yns (affiliate link.)

Bonzofly

Easy build and it's been a marathon edit, but here is my very detailed build blog for a Lidl cheapo foam glider twin-engined power rc conversion. AUW 260 gms with 1000mA 2s. As yet unflown due to weather, but seems enough power there and CoG is good, so we will see? It looks nice anyway ;) Subscribe to see the (hopefully successful?) maiden! You might take me to the 5K subscribers on my channel ;)

Bonzofly

Excellent! It just happened I had a couple of those kicking around at home so it saved me buying any motors for this conversion.

Bonzofly

Successful maiden (eventually ;) ) of my TWIN engined cheapo Lidl glider RC conversion. (Actually the Wish version of the glider. Same thing really.) After a bit of trimming it was flying like a dream. I set up the props contra-rotating but it was pulling very hard left as you can see in the video. At first I thought maybe my matched motors weren't pulling with equal power, but then realised if that was the case, when it was powered off and gliding having trimmed it right it would then be pulling the other way. Might just be that an £8 foam glider has a few twists though it looks pretty true? At the end of the day, I don't care, it was great to fly! The twin build video, parts list etc are all listed on the video.

Bonzofly

My 2019 first Lidl RC conversion (I've now down 8) has had a much needed makeover. Part of the issue was with the big motor up front I'd had to mount the lipo on top of the fusi above the main spar. I got round it a bit by shortening the nose. Still looks ok I think? What do you reckon? Plus there's a useful tip!