Open-Source Sound project

Damig

SOUND at Banggood

thanks for the heads up.... Just Tooo Funnnn for Words...

Yes, Josh, I hear you.. "Miggy, Just go FLY!!""

(ok. ;-P ) BUT ITS KEWL

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
I think I've seen that post. I like the idea of using arduino but I really want the transitioning between sounds.

Hmm. I just saw the videos related to that RTF product... wow, looks pretty polished, and I think the extra cost might be saved with not having to tweak things...

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Had a thought this morning on my drive into work that may be a game changer or a totally stupid idea. So, I was a teenager in the 90s. Back then there was a new product called the Cyclone made by Phoenix Gold. Basically a DC motor with a plank on it that vibratted to make sound. This is an old idea as many kids, including me, found out that when you put a toy motor to a sound source you get ... sound.

Then I connected the dots...

So, when an RC motor gets plugged in there are all sorts of beeps that can be played. Basically by sine wave generation... Can a simple sound source be sent to the electric motor while the prop is spinning? Now, I assume this would take away some power from flight but most electric setups are overpowered anyway. Its something I may play with this evening. Not sure if the signal can be sent through the signal wire for the ESC or if you can just use the power leads for the ESC.

Like I said, either a good idea or a bad one.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
At that rate, install a wooden spar in the foam wing and vibe the heck out of it in audio range with a slightly off-balanced motor, and you've got a nice long resonator. There are a few products available now that use the airframe as a resonator, but they're geared more toward the wood planes . . .

. . . strange they don't market heavily on foam . . . like it's a vibe dampener or something . . .

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
That was my thinking as well. With a proper motor mount the internal cavity could act as a resonance chamber.

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
So, unfortunately, With the ESC powered I have an issue with sound. The problem is that I get power surge back to the amp and it goes into protection mode. Makes sense. Still, I think this could work if you could program an ESC and it had inputs. As only two poles are energized at a time, you could use the third to play the music and use the opposite polarity for whichever phase is going. Basically integrating two ESCs into one but using an offset phase on the same timing to make the sound.

I have video but its fairly uneventful.

ilovepianostuff

I am a beginner of piano, and i bought one M-Audio Accent Sound Module for soothing sound. First 20 preset locations are soothing sounds of piano, clavinet, clean organ, synth bass, drums, percussion pad, etc. It comes with a power adapter, user guide, and warranty manual. It also has a safety manual in it.