OpentTx + 9XR Pro +XJT/X8R - No RF Signal voice alerts?

SKT

I'm running OpenTx 2.1.8 on a 9XR Pro and XJT/X8R/Vario setup and although I'm getting 'Telemetry Lost/Recovered' voice warnings, 'Low Battery" warnings...workign vario tones and spoke altitude...I cannot get 'RF Low/Critical' warnings.

I dont seem to be able to find anyone with any clues as to why. I cant see why it wouldnt. I've confirmed the required audio files are both on the radio and on the SD card.

I can set up Special Function switch the spout off the audio alerts by switch so they are there and the files work....but I'm just not getting them to trigger. If I power cycle a model I get 'TelemetryLost/Recovered' and I've had the warnings midflight...but I cannot get any audio RF or RSSI warnings.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
SKT,

First question . . . are you sure your RSSI is dropping below the warning and critical levels? Have you tried adjusting them (record the old values before you play with it).

Just because your TX can't hear the telemetry from the RX (Telemetry Lost), doesn't mean the RX can't hear the TX (RSSI critical). In flight, you may be loosing telemetry long before your RSSI can report a weak signal -- there's even a fair chance only the telemetry is dropping and you still have solid control of the receiver. If you're rapidly loosing telemetry, it implies your trouble may be due to shadowing and antenna placement (VERY quick changes in signal strength), more than range (gradual changes in signal strength).

SKT

SKT,

First question . . . are you sure your RSSI is dropping below the warning and critical levels? Have you tried adjusting them (record the old values before you play with it).

Just because your TX can't hear the telemetry from the RX (Telemetry Lost), doesn't mean the RX can't hear the TX (RSSI critical). In flight, you may be loosing telemetry long before your RSSI can report a weak signal -- there's even a fair chance only the telemetry is dropping and you still have solid control of the receiver. If you're rapidly loosing telemetry, it implies your trouble may be due to shadowing and antenna placement (VERY quick changes in signal strength), more than range (gradual changes in signal strength).

Pretty much where I ended up mate.

Contrary tro what I had read elsewhere, I dont get RF warnings when I remove power from the model.

But.... I pushed the RSSI Orange warning up high and I go the audio warning. So it is working...just that my 'telemetry lost/recovered' warning is not inline with loss of RSSI. I've got some logging sorted now so I'll be able to check if I lose RSSI over a flight, when I'm guarenteed to get 'telemetry' warnings.

RE the telemetry warnings...its pretty much instant 'lost' then 'recovered'. I'm hoping someone can tell me if there is BER tolerance that can be changed or maybe a time period..prob something in milliseconds....to make it wait a little longer for the telemetry to return before it has whinge.

Thx for you info mate.

One more thing...you got any idea why I dont get email notification of post replys? I've been through the settings several times and cant see why not. Sorry bit of a red herring there but thought since I had your attention I'd throw it out there.

- Scott