OpenTx Companion reading wrong models from X7

Try-n-glide

So I have 2.2 on my X7 and companion installed on my PC. When I "read models" it pulls up models - but what it pulls up is NOT the current
configuration of moxels on my X7. It seems to be reading some old backups off my SD card? I tried searching how to correct the issue and
come up blank. Any thoughts? I'm stumped. Just been doing setups manually on the X7, but it sure would be nice to use Companion again.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
What happens if you remove the SD card before connecting to the computer? As I understand it, only models that you specifically back up are stored on the SD card, everything else is stored in EEPROM.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
I've had this happen on mine . . . stumbled on the answer by accident.

On the "Taranis" drive (look, don't touch) your models are stored on the EEPROM.BIN file. When I was seeing this, I also had an old copy of EEPROM.BIN sitting on the other drive. The radio knows the difference, and uses the right one. The companion, not so much. It sees two portable drives and looks for the first EEPROM.BIN it can find. Doesn't find anything, it moves on. If it finds the wrong one because it searched the wrong drive first, it doesn't know any better.

Look in the other drive, and if you have an EEPROM.BIN, rename it to EEPROM.old, and try again.

Try-n-glide

Awesome. Thanks guys.

I tried removing the SD card first, and that more or less worked. Only problem is you cant set up play tracks bc they're on the sd.

Crafty I'll try your suggestion tomorrow.

Try-n-glide

That did it!!

I found I had backed up my bin file at an earlier time onto the SD card. I renamed it "oldeeprom" and OpenTx Companion now works exactly as it should (after I configured the correct path in setup to find voice files on my SD card)

Thanks both of you.