P.1079 Mighty mini master series style jet.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
here is how my p.1079 chuck glider looked:
20210924_150602 (1).jpg
And from that, I want to make a scaled up puller mighty mini style jet, except there is a twist. with @foamboardflyer 's help, it will become master series. @foamboardflyer is currently starting off the build with scaling up my chuck glider plans, and we will start our collaboration from there. The plans for the chuck glider are in the resource section.

foamboardflyer

I didn’t make more doublers (out of laziness) I will make them later. it glides very well, it’ll glide about as far as a Walmart glider.
418AF1DE-69AD-4673-ADE5-8D71524E7B66.jpeg
I got this 28mm edf I’m thinking about getting a second and trying to use those, but for now I’m going to start with power pack A.
image.jpg

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
I didn’t make more doublers (out of laziness) I will make them later. it glides very well, it’ll glide about as far as a Walmart glider. View attachment 208930 I got this 28mm edf I’m thinking about getting a second and trying to use those, but for now I’m going to start with power pack A. View attachment 208931
WOW!. what wingspan? put in some bamboo skewers in the tail and you wont need the extra reinforcement. The 28mm edfs are a good idea, but would they fit?

foamboardflyer

WOW!. what wingspan? put in some bamboo skewers in the tail and you wont need the extra reinforcement. The 28mm edfs are a good idea, but would they fit?
The wingspan is 26in and the extra doublers were only to make the fuselage thicker so I could fit a mighty mini power pod in it.

foamboardflyer

I originally wanted to make the fuselage thicker than the power pod so I could fit it inside the plane. but I realize that the inside of the mighty mini power pod is 21mm witch is about the thickness of 4 pieces of foam board, and the fuselage is 4 pieces of foam board so I mounted the pp is on the outside of the plane Mounting the pp like this keeps the weight down and the original plan was to make it sub 250g and this one is about 170g right now all I have to do is add ailerons so I’m thinking maybe 190g maybe?
A82EEC3B-BA07-43C7-914C-868D056DD636.jpeg
B0E68784-3BB6-4020-8830-F97990667A96.jpeg

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
I originally wanted to make the fuselage thicker than the power pod so I could fit it inside the plane. but I realize that the inside of the mighty mini power pod is 21mm witch is about the thickness of 4 pieces of foam board, and the fuselage is 4 pieces of foam board so I mounted the pp is on the outside of the plane Mounting the pp like this keeps the weight down and the original plan was to make it sub 250g and this one is about 170g right now all I have to do is add ailerons so I’m thinking maybe 190g maybe? View attachment 209099 View attachment 209100
I was about to recommend that mounting way. I would try it without ailerons to be safe for starters of you want. but just add those skewers. it might snap otherwise. looks amazing though. may build mine soon

foamboardflyer

I was about to recommend that mounting way. I would try it without ailerons to be safe for starters of you want. but just add those skewers. it might snap otherwise. looks amazing though. may build mine soon
I would like to keep it 3 channel but I’m afraid it would be a little too fast with the swept wings and I don’t have a big place to fly so I kind of have to make it 4 channel

foamboardflyer

Weather cleared up and I maddened it. I had some torque roll problems and pitch up problems I “fixed” them by angling the motor down and shifting the wing to the left about a centimeter.
81FEEB8B-B421-47CF-B35F-319D7BD8AA37.png
The reason I said “fixed” is that after the “fixes” it still wouldn’t fly so I had to add a extra rudder
A3E76CF4-E22C-4CEE-9A67-7FD8E82E32B5.jpeg
this design is not meant for a motor setup like this so I still had very bad torque roll problems. I had it setup at half throttle flying level it would fly straight as a arrow but as soon as I went above or below half throttle or tried to turn I would lose control of it. got it stuck in a tree, my sister shot it with a arrow with a string tied to it and pulled it out of the tree (that’s why it’s so damaged)
01F3B31F-C509-4690-8CDC-E6FC04EC41DC.jpeg

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Weather cleared up and I maddened it. I had some torque roll problems and pitch up problems I “fixed” them by angling the motor down and shifting the wing to the left about a centimeter. View attachment 209323 The reason I said “fixed” is that after the “fixes” it still wouldn’t fly so I had to add a extra rudder View attachment 209324 this design is not meant for a motor setup like this so I still had very bad torque roll problems. I had it setup at half throttle flying level it would fly straight as a arrow but as soon as I went above or below half throttle or tried to turn I would lose control of it. got it stuck in a tree, my sister shot it with a arrow with a string tied to it and pulled it out of the tree (that’s why it’s so damaged) View attachment 209326
Please tell me what to improve in the plans and what to change.cI should start off with a box fuselage I think 🤔 torque rolling was expected to be honest and yaw issues too as this us currently completely scale.

here are some better plans

Attachments

• Untitled(1).pdf
    11.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

foamboardflyer

Please tell me what to improve in the plans and what to change.cI should start off with a box fuselage I think 🤔 torque rolling was expected to be honest and yaw issues too as this us currently completely scale.

The three things I would change is 1) shift the wing to the left (similar to the ft speedster)
2) bigger v-tale and 3) a little down thrust on the motor.

Taildragger

Legendary member

The three things I would change is 1) shift the wing to the left (similar to the ft speedster)
2) bigger v-tale and 3) a little down thrust on the motor.
If you want I can CAD those changes up tonight in fusion.