• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
P-38 Printed Parts

P-38 Printed Parts 1.0

Please log in to download

Matagami Designs

Here’s the finished cowl - so beautiful!
View attachment 191655 View attachment 191656
I’ve got one of the side scoops on the printer now.
Looks like a good print. Please share how it fits to the boom when you get there. Depending on how you cut your formers the fit could vary a bit. I did 3 different versions to narrow down to a perfect fit for my build, among other changes.

The Hangar

Mentor
Looks like a good print. Please share how it fits to the boom when you get there. Depending on how you cut your formers the fit could vary a bit. I did 3 different versions to narrow down to a perfect fit for my build, among other changes.
It ended up being a little small. I'll trim the former and use some lightweight filler to hide the seam though.

It ended up being a little small. I'll trim the former and use some lightweight filler to hide the seam though.
I hope its not too far off. I think to get the best fit you would have to build up until the point you are ready to install these parts then take height 'y' and width 'x' measurements of the part just after the cowling and plug these numbers into Cura to do some non-uniform scaling of the part.

1614048993749.png

The Hangar

Mentor
I hope its not too far off. I think to get the best fit you would have to build up until the point you are ready to install these parts then take height 'y' and width 'x' measurements of the part just after the cowling and plug these numbers into Cura to do some non-uniform scaling of the part.

View attachment 193385
It’s not very far off. That’s a good idea - I should have thought of that...