• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Phantom from paper-replika.com

newguy2012

most challenging build I have done in a while. Maybe ever! Julius' video is great but leaves some gaps. Hoping for electronics and maiden today and/or tomorrow.

Attachments

That looks amazing. Any problems with the plans as Julius is using 5mm foam and the DTFB is more like 4.5 mm.

What size motor are you planning to use?
A few pieces needed trimmed. Nothing too tough. I am going to start with a C pack motor and see what happens. Tested With 3s 1300 mah battery last night. Just the Fuse alone the power to weight was over 1:1. Going to try 4s.

jpot1

I think I’m gong to have to try this. I am not looking forward to taping 45 sheets together though. I may try to import to Inkscape and reformat for my needle cutter. What motor and battery did you end up with? How many sheets of foam did you use?

Last edited:
I think I’m gong to have to try this. I am not looking forward to taping 45 sheets together though. I may try to import to Inkscape and reformat for my needle cutter. What motor and battery did you end up with? How many sheets of foam did you use?
It was 10 or 11. I have the SVG files. I am still working on. Alot of parts have mirrored/duplicates that I didnt realize. Mark the parts! Alot look very similar.I printed the wings and stabs plans out to locate the spars. I used a C pack motor with a 3300 mah 4s battery. I think I could go with a little smaller battery. I wanted it nose heavy for the Maiden i also had to get creative with the elevator. I ended up using 2 servos. It isnt pretty but it worked. This is a beautiful plane and it flies great! Its my new favorite

I used my needle cutter for this😁