Pics of your Flitetest multirotor kit builds

MototechRyan

Wannabe Jedi
After reading a post with a pic of another FT forum members Versacopter, I wanted to see more pics of other peeps FT multirotor kit builds. If it's a Flitetest kit and a multirotor, post some pics and some details about it. The format shall be like we fly, freestyle:cool:

I formally request a moderator sticky this post to the top in the interest of sharing the Flitetest multirotor love ;)

Here's my current build. Versacopter 293(thats what it measures) for fpv shannanogins.

-G10 upgraded crash kit
-Naze 32 acro rev 6 FC running Betaflight firmware and luxfloat PIDs
-Cobra 2204 2300kv motors
-Rotorgeeks RG20 escs
-Gemfan 5046 ABS props
-Pololu 5v regulator powering the FC and FPV cam
-Fatshark 600tvl cam mounted in foam on the Flitetest G10 camera plate
-Lumenier 600mw VTX powered with batt voltage via pdb aux pads
-Mobius c2 lens cam for recording
-Frsky X8R rx with paddle antenna's heatshrunk to a HobbyKing rx antenna holder
-3s and 4s(in pics) batts in various mah's

I'm currently building a second Versacopter for LOS flying that is highly modified. Will post picks when completed.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

MototechRyan

Wannabe Jedi
Nobody has pics of their Versacopter or Electrohub that they want to post with details??? Sheesh:confused:

I thought this post would be a good idea to make a central post to promote and share the love for the Flitetest multirotor kits and the bazillion diffent ideas and setups people are flying.

Bueller???

Brandon_G

Representative of Iowa
WEH4wx2.jpg

This is my dead cat quad :) The first multicopter I ever built, had, or tried to fly :D Just the standard electronics on it, nothing special :)
Also, are those marshmallows you are using for landing gear?

BankNYank!

Mentor
It's ironic I found this. I just finished building a Versacopter and created a thread on it today. Here's some photos of my build.

For specs I'm just running the FT mini quad power pack and a KK2.1.5. I'll put a Naze32 on it eventually but for now I just wanted to get in the air and learn to fly mini quad FPV!

20151219_131239_zpsa7lfff7a.jpg
20151219_131218_zpsna9htu19.jpg
20151219_131150_zpsqsluueqj.jpg
20151219_131259_zpsncu26at4.jpg

MototechRyan

Wannabe Jedi
That's what I'm talking about, startin to feel the FT multirotor kit love comin on:)

Just the standard electronics on it, nothing special :)
Also, are those marshmallows you are using for landing gear?

Nonsense, it's definitely special IMO. I can think of a million reasons as to why it's special. But those individual parts are now greater than they were by themselves cause you brought them together and made them fly :cool:

The marshmallow feet are my homemade landing gear that have saved me from many a hard landing. For some extra dense foam and some zip ties, they work swimmingly.

BankNYank, thats some sweet 3d printed parts you got there. I'll go check out your build thread for the details.

BankNYank!

Mentor
BankNYank, thats some sweet 3d printed parts you got there. I'll go check out your build thread for the details.

I don't have a build thread really. It's more of an adventure thread. I plan to document my adventures in learning to fly mini quad FPV. That thread is here.

All the 3D printed parts are for sale on RcPartsHangar.com though if you wanna check that out.

-Mike

Last edited:

MototechRyan

Wannabe Jedi
I don't have a build thread really. It's more of an adventure thread. I plan to document my adventures in learning to fly mini quad FPV. That thread is here.

All the 3D printed parts are for sale on RcPartsHangar.com though if you wanna check that out.

-Mike

Thanks for the heads up on your thread location, was about to check your profile for latest posts to find it. I actually have the Versacopter skirt kit in black from Rcpartshangar.com and really like it. Its gonna be one of the key ingredients in the Versacopter I'm building for LOS flying to withstand numerous crashes. Didn't know about the camera mount though. For the price of 6 bucks, I'm gonna have to order one. Especially since my current setup offers little to no protection form my cameras.

BankNYank!

Mentor
Thanks for the heads up on your thread location, was about to check your profile for latest posts to find it. I actually have the Versacopter skirt kit in black from Rcpartshangar.com and really like it. Its gonna be one of the key ingredients in the Versacopter I'm building for LOS flying to withstand numerous crashes. Didn't know about the camera mount though. For the price of 6 bucks, I'm gonna have to order one. Especially since my current setup offers little to no protection form my cameras.

Have you had a chance to try those black skirts yet? I'd love to hear what you think of them and how they are holding up.

The skirts on mine above are prototype version 2's of the skirts you have. They are 5mm taller and have little mounting points for zip ties so you can keep all your inside wiring all neat and tidy along the sides.

I really like the Mobius/FPV mount I'm running because the fpv camera is completely inside but you have to use one of those small board cams for it to fit.

MototechRyan

Wannabe Jedi
Yeah, i noticed mine is different from yours. I havent had a chance to fly it yet, but assembly went very smooth and Im very happy with it for the very resonable price I paid :)

BankNYank!

Mentor
Yeah, i noticed mine is different from yours. I havent had a chance to fly it yet, but assembly went very smooth and Im very happy with it for the very resonable price I paid :)

I'm glad to hear your happy with them. If you ever have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM or email.

Thanks for the feedback!

cartman

Thank you!
The cover made of big deep plate, that I found in local supermarket. I used some Dremell-like tools and white paint, to make it:)