Pid tuning for propwash

"Corpse"

Legendary member
Hey! I'm having a heck of a time tuning my quad. I've got it flying well, but propwash handling is HORRIBLE! Is there any tuning advice I could get?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Up until Bardwell hit Rotor Riot NONE of his tunes was that impressive even after all the black boxing and filter manipulation. It wasn't until he was around Drew for a month or two that his flight videos improved at least to me to an acceptable level.

The method he teaches leaves MUCH to be debated as its all filter based on stock pids. PIDS is the basis for all flight controllers. Filters manipulate pids. If the base pids are badly set all the filters in the world wont really help. Like that whole stock pids is fine propaganda... They ARE NOT FINE. Stock pids are like flying a wet noodle.

Ever heard the adage garbage in garbage out.... Its like everything else in the history of the world.. If the base is not stable anything built on top of it compounds the weakness.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
interesting, didn't know that... haven't actually followed it that close.

Liam B

Tuning these days, especially in BetaFlight, is all about filtering. Use the sliders, and keep in mind that propwash will never fully disappear. Some of it you just have to fly around!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Tuning these days, especially in BetaFlight, is all about filtering. Use the sliders, and keep in mind that propwash will never fully disappear. Some of it you just have to fly around!

Or you could shut off all the filters and actually tune the quad.... just sayin hehee