Planes of the future

Hyperdrive

How about a series on Planes Of The Future?
A little segment of what there are about, then the challenge of designing and building them out of foam board and finally trying to get them to fly.

A starter for 10 I would love to see is the RAF Tempest https://www.raf.mod.uk/what-we-do/team-tempest/tempest/
Great idea. The tepest is a great suggestion, and even better, the link you provided has a geat 3D moddel of the plane which I'm sure that would be incredibly useful for designing it!

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
How about a series on Planes Of The Future?
A little segment of what there are about, then the challenge of designing and building them out of foam board and finally trying to get them to fly.

A starter for 10 I would love to see is the RAF Tempest https://www.raf.mod.uk/what-we-do/team-tempest/tempest/
just a note, wouldnt this be the tempest 2, as there is a hawker tempest? alteast we should get it right in the rc model

SteveH

Plans would be amazing if possible.

"Planes of the future" could be taken a couple of ways. Planes that are currently being developed by real aeronautical companies or an imagination of what a future plane could look like

Hyperdrive

Plans would be amazing if possible.

"Planes of the future" could be taken a couple of ways. Planes that are currently being developed by real aeronautical companies or an imagination of what a future plane could look like
Each contest could be a seperate cattogory. Developed, and imagination.

Also now you're saying imagining planes of the future,would airships count? I ask because they are one of the mos viable types of aircraft for the future.

If you are wondering heres a video why:

I don't mean to distract from main topic so don't take this the wrong way.

Hyperdrive

Also now you're saying imagining planes of the future,would airships count? I ask because they are one of the mos viable types of aircraft for the future.

Unless we make a seperate contest on airships?

Piotrsko

Master member
Except for the hover ability airships shouldn't be counted out. Couple years back someone found the martian wingless dirgible ballon shaped plane and get that to fly again. Ought to count.

SteveH

Anything that flies is cool with me

Piotrsko

Master member
If you're running a normal modern OS, IT isn't gone, just replicated a bunch of times somewhere not easily visible to you.

Crazed Scout Pilot

This is my chuck glider drawing of the Tempest (or should I say my second drawing). Is this what your looking for? If so what size motor or edf do you want me to design it around? What size? and if there is anything else that is important just let me know. I don't make any promises on how it looks I'm still trying to get this whole design thing down. It might take a couple of tweaks when you build it. I hope that's alright.

Attachments

• Tempest.pdf
    2.1 KB · Views: 0

SteveH

This is my chuck glider drawing of the Tempest (or should I say my second drawing). Is this what your looking for? If so what size motor or edf do you want me to design it around? What size? and if there is anything else that is important just let me know. I don't make any promises on how it looks I'm still trying to get this whole design thing down. It might take a couple of tweaks when you build it. I hope that's alright.
That’s amazing, well done mate.

I’m a complete newbie to building planes and in the UK where light foam board is rarer than hens teeth. So probably need extremely powerful motor and on the smallish side (is that what they call a park flyer?). Probably EDF to keep it looking realistic, but whatever you think is best as the designer (I’m just the ideas guy). Anything you produce is going to be phenomenal 😜

I just had to have a go at building my first chuck glider. I only have an A4 printer and iPad so built a micro version and she flies great. Once she’s all painted up I post a photo. I’m in the office tomorrow and will blow it up to a A3 size

Last edited: