Help! Planes veering off to the left

James bob

So I've had this rc mini guinea pig for a while and decided to repair it, however after a lot of crashes (it flew fine before) I've noticed they all had something in common, as soon as the plane gains some sort of speed or gets off the ground it violently turns left snd crashes. At first I thought it was that the props were spinning the wrong way, and i fixed that (left motor spinning clockwise and right anti-clockwise from behind the engines, the props were orientated the right way too), but the same thing happened, then i thought it was because of the motors being uneven, and i fixed that, but it persisted, I then calibrated my ESCs and then i noticed something, after calibrating them both separately, one motor would always spin up first before the other one, even with change of the travel in each motor, the same thing would happen, even with the smallest amount of throttle possible. (Ive tried connecting them to a single channel but that changed nothing).And now im wondering does that have enough of an impact to cause such a drastic unevenness of thrust, or perhaps its the radios fault.

Im using a spektrum dx7s transmitter
A s603 dsmx receiver
And two 2200kv motors with their 30a ESCs.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
if the same thing happens when them connected to the same channel (at the same time), then either there is a calibration issue or some sort of mechanical issue causing the motors to spin up differently.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
If y this has been happening with the motors on the same channel and after calibrating ESC's, then try switching the motors and ESC's. Basically put the left motor on the right ESC and the right motor on the left ESC. This should help you to figure out if this is an ESC or motor problem.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
You might check to see if the props are on the right way. The numbers should face the direction of travel. If one is on backwards, it will only produce about 40% of the normal thrust.

Last edited: