• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Plush 25A ESC's for tricopter

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to use 25A Plush Speed controllers for the Tricopter if they were bought at different times? I have 2 here but need another to complete the three needed for the tricopter, can this be done?

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
I don't think It should not be a problem unless you intend to re-flash them and if Turnigy has changed the design which they sometimes do.

Thurmond

wont be a problem as long as you calibrate all the speed controllers at start up with your transmitter so your esc knows the limits.
Do a search on how to calibrate an ESC, I'm sure someone out there will have a better explanation than what I can come up with on how to calibrate and ESC

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
Okay this is probably one of those dont do it! things, what about a different Esc than the other two, ie, one 40A and 2 25A Esc's?
I would say thats a no no.....the different ampage I should imagine will have different resistance.......I should think you will be ok with the other older escs as long as you calibrate

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
That is the drawback with multirotors. They must all use the same systems on each boom. Motors too make a difference in how the tricopter (doesn't) work.

nibnobsam

I like big leccy planes
Mentor
You can use different ESCs, motors and propellers on a multirotor and the flight control should sort it out for you. Although it's still best for everything to be the same

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
You can use different ESCs, motors and propellers on a multirotor and the flight control should sort it out for you. Although it's still best for everything to be the same
Though if you have a 750kv motor on one side and a 2000kv motor on another, I doubt it'll fly well.

Okay this is probably one of those dont do it! things, what about a different Esc than the other two, ie, one 40A and 2 25A Esc's?
I don't think you can run 2 motors off the same esc, I tried it once and only one motor would spin at a time or both of them for about a second. The result was very erratic, maybe I was doing something wrong