Portable Y6 build for Small Gimbal Survey/Research

ZoomNBoom

Have you gotten around doing any survey missions yet? Im eager to find out how the gimballed gopro pictures turn out after processing in whatever photogrammetry/orthomapping app you intend to use for it. im also curious how you intend to trigger the gopro from the pfixhawk?

Im trying to achieve a similar goal, but Ive gone with a plane instead of a multirotor (and I intend to VTOL it later) to get bigger coverage (higher speed, longer endurance), Im using a cheap-o raspberry pi 5MP camera rather than a gopro and a servo gimbal. Ive had some limited success, but Im suffering from jello; I'll need a brushless gimbal, and I ran out of room/carrying capacity on my current plane. For the next plane Im contemplating a gimballed gopro or similar action camera (foxeer legend is big on my radar, for being so cheap and 16MP), so any photo samples and processed results you have to share, Im interested.

Last question, since you have a 3 axis gimbal, have you tried the mission planner feature to point the camera to a certain location (POI) ?

Pushjerk

Hey there, Crayfellow. I've followed your build and progress (not in real time, of course) and am indeed interested how it's going, as I am hoping to start a similar build - Electrohub Y6 with readily available COTS parts, capable of handling definitely a GoPro, but later possibly a more advanced camera for survey/mapping, and Pixhawk.

I fly exclusively fixed wing, so this foray into multi-rotors via Electrohub will be basically from scratch. I do have some batteries that may be of use:
2 x 4S 4200 35C (385g/ea)
4S 5100 35C (486g)
2 x 4S 5400 25C (489g/ea)
2 x 5S 7800 25C (859g/ea
As well as some 3S 5000s to make a 6S 5000 if run in series.

I had some questions for you regarding your build. By the way, how has it been flying? Any mods since your last post?
What is your AUW with the various battery configurations if I may ask?

How is your power systems working out? flight times?