• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Possible battery problem!

FDS

Elite member
1c so capacity (mah) divided by 1000 is a good rate for a dodgy pack. In the case of your 850, set the charge current to 0.85A. You should balance charge it at that current ideally.
The solution to this is either- run two 6x4 two bladed props or buy a bigger battery. The 2200mah you have may be a little heavy, the mini guinea has lots of thrust but they can be weighty. I like the Tattu ones, a midsized one like a 1300-1500 mah would be good, the Tattu Graphenes are designed for race quads and have super low internal resistance and great power outputs.

What brand battery is it? When I first started I used Floureon batteries. They were not hapoy at all until broken in.

The cell voltages were pretty far apart for the first 4 - 8 uses. Then like magic they woke up and I abused the snot outta them. I still have two I use for goggle / dvr batteries. They also supply power for my Ft Edge 540 nicely.

Basically when I boyght new ones I woukd charge them full, hover for 1 minute, then recharge them. Once the cells were coming down within .02 - .03 v between cells I ripped the snot outta them and they were fine until I smooshed em up in crashes. The two I have left are about 3.5 years old at this point.
I'm using this battery: https://store.flitetest.com/tattu-3...5c-11.1v-850mah-tat-45c-850-3s1p-xt30/p635611

FDS

Elite member
Those Tattu one are usually pretty good. They use good quality cells. I am surprised you have a problem with that. Maybe contact FT store customer service, it’s new so you can always get help there.

Those Tattu one are usually pretty good. They use good quality cells. I am surprised you have a problem with that. Maybe contact FT store customer service, it’s new so you can always get help there.
I didn't buy it from FliteTest. I was just using FliteTest because every one knows who they are.

I bought mine from eBay because I didn't want to pay $13.99 for shipping from flitetest.

Bricks

Master member
Being E-Bay it may be a knock off not saying it is as many there advertise Spektrum and marked Spektrum receivers and they are not.

I would contact the seller and see if they will stand behind it.

FDS

Elite member
I never buy Lipo off eBay, except for the Eachine 010 packs. Reputable sellers are always best for batteries. It’s very easy to take a junk set of pouch lipo cells, re wrap them with a fake wrap for better ones, then sell for a fat profit.
There’s no such thing as “free shipping” since somewhere in the supply chain it has to get paid for.

You should get a watt meter. Then you would be able to tell if you were pulling too many amps or if you have a bad battery.
I can’t speak to the brand, but that battery has plenty of amps for your application.
Yeah, your right. I hope they are not to expensive. Any that you recommend?

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Yeah, your right. I hope they are not to expensive. Any that you recommend?
I use the Hobbyking HK010 version - 20 bucks. It was the best 20 dollars I have invested because at the time (just after starting RC) I had no voltage checker and was killing my cheapo batteries by not keeping the packs balanced and always trying to fly one more minute, over discharging my batteries. I got mine about 3 years ago and I have used it to take way better care of my batts and to determine how much current I am drawing for any motor/prop/batt setup, further protecting my batts. I think this has paid for itself over the three years in the significant reduction of battery killing i was doing.