Power pack A to F ?

Bigeard

Sorry if this question sounds a little ambiguous but I read recently someone changing a power pack A in their FT Mighty Mini Commuter to a power pack F ?
As I am new to this RC game can someone please explain the advantages of doing this and does this mean you would need more room in your power pod ?
Thanks

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
I wouldn't put an F pack in it, as that motor is going to be heavy for the size of plane and would just have more power then needed. The A pack motor with a 6x3 on 3s already puts out ~400g of static thrust.

The plan in question has a dry weight of 234 g and an AUW recommended of 284 g. Given that it isn't a 3D designed plane, the A pack is all the power you should need. The F pack is likely to over power the craft and possibly create to much torque for the plane.

All that said, if all you have is an F pack, it could work out ok if your careful about the prop and cell count choices to not over power the plane.

Bigeard

I wouldn't put an F pack in it, as that motor is going to be heavy for the size of plane and would just have more power then needed. The A pack motor with a 6x3 on 3s already puts out ~400g of static thrust.

The plan in question has a dry weight of 234 g and an AUW recommended of 284 g. Given that it isn't a 3D designed plane, the A pack is all the power you should need. The F pack is likely to over power the craft and possibly create to much torque for the plane.

All that said, if all you have is an F pack, it could work out ok if your careful about the prop and cell count choices to not over power the plane.
Thanks

M

MCNC

Stop with this please. This person needs to build a standard plane and as he has agreed from a standard SBK. All the other comments may heighten anxiety.

Stop with this please. This person needs to build a standard plane and as he has agreed from a standard SBK. All the other comments may heighten anxiety.
@MacClarkNC gets the gold star.
256x256bb.jpg