Power pack c question

Elliott.payne

I recently got the p-51 speed build kit with the power pack c option. I'm running a 2200 3s and wanted to know if I could put a more traditional 4 bladed prop on it. Don't want to ruin my electronics. Lol.
Thanks..

Basic

Consider getting a watt meter. They plug inline with the battery and let you measure the amperage and power consumption of the motor. You can usually run 3x the weight in grams for power. If it weighs 70 grams, you should be able to run 240 watts continuous and more in bursts, allowing heat to be dissipated between bursts.

Since these motors are air cooled they will be able to tolerate more power in the cooler months than in the heat of summer.

Are not 2 bladed propellers more efficient than 4?

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
Yes you can. While more blades are less efficient you still get more thrust. More blades mean you need a smaller size prop for the same setup. I don't know the rule of thumb that tells you how many sizes to go down and what pitch to use offhand so you will need to research it more.

Basic's suggestion of getting a is a good one if you want to experiment with different props.

Here's a good article on prop sizing...

http://www.rc-airplane-world.com/propeller-size.html