Problems launching Versa Wing

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I agree with @Bricks, I never add an any weight to get the correct CG. With the Versa, I do a trial CG. Build the plane and place it on the CG stand. Tape everything in place where you think it will go, then move thing around until you can get the plane to balance.

To get the battery where I want it, the motor needs to come forward 2-3 inches from the stock position. They cut away the foam to make room for the prop, similar to what they did on the Arrow.

Capt Kevin

Well it's done - kind of. I finally got it balanced with 3.5 oz of lead in the nose and a 1500mah battery. I think it looks pretty good, I don't like the battery acting as a skid so I've made a triangular bumper to put in front of the battery.

Attachments

• 1220202215.jpg
    1220202215.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I found the plastic trays used for ready meals are great for modifying tail skids, making battery protectors/skids and all sorts of things where a thin light weight piece of plastic could come in handy.
You can even use clear plastic bottles, paint the inside surface so landings done scuff the paint off.

Capt Kevin

Great ideas! I went with a simple 2 later block of HD Foamboard epoxied and taped to the nose. The balance is very teetery so I didn't mind adding a few more grams to the nose.

Attachments

• 1222201210.jpg
    1222201210.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 0