problems with a hxt 24g

menachg

I've been using the blue wonder on my planes and it worked great for a while but lately i noticed that that the main one that I've been using when i turn it (by hand) it kind of clicks every phase harder then in the other motor that i use less so i tryed opening it (loose the screws remove the shaft and seperate the bearing and the magnets) to see if something wrong with it and see nothing wrong so i reconstructed it and afterward i tried it and it wworks but right before it starts it kind of jitter in it place and only if you ad throttle it start turning did anybody hade this problem or know whats causing it? and know how to fix it? because i think i put something in wrong but cant see anything mechanically wrong with it i wold really much appreciate the help

mjmccarron

Hi parakeet,
Is this a new problem? In other words, did it turn smoother before? Some motors just have stronger magnets and are therefore harder to turn. Also, if it's not something rubbing inside I wouldn't worry too much. Another question is does it make excessive noise?
Best of luck,
Mike

menachg

the harder turning I've had i think for a while but now when i open throttle very slowly it starts to jitter in is place and if i leave the throttle in is place h\the jitter dies down and even if i ad throttle wont turn but if i return the throttle to 0 and then start and ad wont stop at the point it jitters it starts turning do you know what causing it because it started only after i reconstructed the motor

mjmccarron

You may have it too tight and binding slightly. try loosening the grub screws and leave just a little clearance or end play between the bell and the stator assembly and see if that helps. Stuttering at part throttle or low throttle is usually the ESC but if it only started after you disassembled the motor, it might just be too tight.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
The buttering can also be a symptom of a loose or broken strand of wires inside the motor. It will seem to run fine once it's started, but it won't be able to handle much of any load.

menachg

what do you mean by not able to handle much load do the motor just work as in small current or if you open full throttle iwhat will happen is that it will burn or something?

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
It probably won't be able to spin a prop, and if it can it runs a strong chance of burning up. The one other option I know of is that your ESC timing might be off, but that usually isn't an issue until you get into EDFs.

menachg

i don't know what happened i opened it again and left some space to move up and down just a tiny bit and changed the esc and changed the prop adapter and now it works fine i have no idea what was the problem but thanks anyway for giving me a clue what to look for:)

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
If you tighten the grub screws in the mount too much they can actually deform the tube part of the motor and cause binding. It's one of the reasons I'm not a big fan of that style of motor. If the screws are too loose the motor can fly out of it's mount and cause all kinds of problems, but if they're too tight they'll crush the tube and the motor won't turn well. Finding the sweet spot is tricky.