Help! Prop Recommendations for 6s Arrow

Yusernaym

I am in the process of doing very irresponsible things to my Mighty Mini Arrow, with a 2750kv 2206 motor on order that will be run off of 6s. The main thing I am unsure of at this point is which prop to use. From no prior knowledge and complete guesswork, I found the APC 5x7.5 E P, which looks like a good option, but I worry about overheating the motor or esc from too much current draw. If anyone else has done a similar build, or is familiar with similar electronics, and would like to recommend a better prop option, I would appreciate it.

Bifi.baarlo

I don't beleive you can run any 2206 2750KV motor on 6S with a 5inch prop, wich brand and type motor you have ordered?

Yusernaym

The motor is an iflight xing x2206 2750kv. it's rated for 6s, and 5 inch props are listed on the website, but they're meant for quads, and I want to run a 2-blade.

Bifi.baarlo

I think that motor is rated for max 4S with a 5 inch prop and the lower kv versions are rated for 6S.

Bifi.baarlo

actually, never mind. I found these : https://www.getfpv.com/hyperlite-2408-5-1622kv-1922kv-2222kv-2522kv-motor-team-edition.html
and have updated my order. thanks for pointing that out!
I don't think that the higher Kv versions of this motor also can run on 6S with a 5 inch prop, can't find a test table, I even don't understand why you want a high Kv, high Kv motors usualy have less torq and are less efficient, but they can run a smaller prop on higher RPM, mostly they have less trust than a lower Kv with a bigger prop.

Yusernaym

I don't think that the higher Kv versions of this motor also can run on 6S with a 5 inch prop, can't find a test table, I even don't understand why you want a high Kv, high Kv motors usualy have less torq and are less efficient, but they can run a smaller prop on higher RPM, mostly they have less trust than a lower Kv with a bigger prop.
I was just trying to get the most rpm out of this build, both because I thought that would result in the most thrust and because I love the scream that is inherent to high rpm pushers on wings. It seems like people use these motors on 6s with 5inch props on quads going by the reviews, so I figured that would still work when applied to a plane.

danskis

Master member
Well I've personally burned up 3 of these Xing on my F22. Good fun but a waste of energy as I believe the slot jet platform will never go real fast. Plus flights were ridiculously short. I highly recommend a watt meter for your little experiment. I believe mine generated something like 42 amps on 4S with a 5'" tri-blade. Right now I've got a 2206 2300kv with a 5" tri-blade on the arrow running an 1100mah 4S using a 30amp ESC. It draws something like 24amps at full throttle. Not screaming but pretty fast. With my little experience I'd have to agree with @Bifi.baarlo that a lower KV motor might actually be better as far as a balanced power system. Take a look at Timmy's videos on recomended props for high KV motors - he's pretty sharp.

https://www.youtube.com/c/TimmyRC/videos

Bifi.baarlo

I have the Xing 1750Kv with a 5051 prop on my tiny trainer, it screams very loud on 6S, it draws 31 amps, that's about 750 Watts, didn't burn the motor yet, did about 5 flights.

Yusernaym

I have the Xing 1750Kv with a 5051 prop on my tiny trainer, it screams very loud on 6S, it draws 31 amps, that's about 750 Watts, didn't burn the motor yet, did about 5 flights.
yeah, doing the math, even the 1922kv hyperlite would be pushing 40k rpm, which is already a significant jump, and using a larger prop with a more aggressive profile on that would make a lot of thrust