Quest for the giant combat wing

Battery800

Elite member
well with about 2 weeks to flite fest, I’m starting my biggest project yet. You’ve probably figured out the goal, but let me fill you in on the details. It will be made of insulation foam, coated with 2 oz fiberglass at the front and another 2 layers of 0.75 oz on top everywhere else. It will measure 72 inches across, having a 15.75 root chord and 7.5 tip. Thanks to the los banos bashers for details about the plane this is based on, and @FlyingTyger for helping me plan the glassing. This is where Ill keep you guys updated on the build

Last edited:

Baron VonHelton

Elite member
well with about 2 weeks to flite fest. I’m starting my biggest project yet. You’ve probably figured out the goal, but let me fill you in on the details. It will be made of insulation foam, coated with 2 oz fiberglass at the front and another 2 layers of 0.75 oz on top everywhere else. It will measure 72 inches across, having a 15.75 foot chord and 7.5 tip. Thanks to the los banos bashers for details about the plane this is based on, and @FlyingTyger for helping me plan the glassing. This is where Ill keep you guys updated on the build

So it's a Horton HO IX??

s-l500 (1).jpg

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Battery800

Elite member
well, bad new everyone. hot wire is broken, and i can’t get the parts until after we leave. Project is off until after. I’ll still glass some combat wings though