Question about 2200 mha 3s battery for Electrohub

Crash_Expert

Aerial Photographer
30C

Anything above 30C is false advertising.
There are SOME companies that have real ratings above 30C but they are higher-end lipos and are not much better than 30C.

C_E

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Uh oh.. I run my 10$ 2000mah 45c Zippy batteries at 35c every flight, each has 40 or so cycles in the last 2 months. Are you sure about your conclusion C_E?

Crash_Expert

Aerial Photographer
Uh oh.. I run my 10$ 2000mah 45c Zippy batteries at 35c every flight, each has 40 or so cycles in the last 2 months. Are you sure about your conclusion C_E?

More than sure.
There is TONS of data out there on C ratings.

Want proof?

C_E

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
I can believe that a 5000mah battery with a 60c rating is bogus, the connector alone can't handle that kind of amp draw. So I'm sure there is a 'amp' limit with the connectors, solder joints, and wires but that won't always translate to a 'c' limit.

If the 30c limit is true then I would have ruined my batteries long ago, that's not the most scientific answer but I'm not sure what other conclusion to draw.

With that being said, sure I'd love to see some proof.

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor

joshuabardwell

Mentor
A 2200 mAh battery at 30C will allow pulling 66 amps without excessive voltage drop. The Sunnysky 980 kv motor is similar to the motors specced by Flite Test for the ElectroHub quad, and I choose it for comparison because it is widely tested and documented. With a 9x4.7 prop (Flite Test recommends 9x4.5--almost the same) it pulls just under 10 amps at WOT, for a total of 40 amps pulled from the battery at WOT. 40 amps from a 2200 mAh is equivalent to 18C. The 30C battery should be more than adequate.